Love

Mark's POV

"What?" Mr. Wang stares down at me, confusion in his eyes.

"I love you too." I repeat.

"You heard the conversation I had with my mother, didn't you?" Mr. Wang asks.

I want to nod my head but the nerves in my neck are damaged, so I settle for a yes.

"Ohhh. This is interesting." The happy nurse looks at the two of us.

"You seriously heard the conversation?" Mr. Wang grabs my hand that rests on his arm.

"Yep. Your mom is right, I won't judge you for who you are." I smile.

"Do you even know what 'love' means?" Mr. Wang asks skeptically.

"Yeah. Of course I do." I don't think I'm that dumb.

"What's love?"

"Love is..a feeling...that you feel with your friends and family. We're friends now right? So I love you!" Ouch. I hurt my neck.

Don't yell Mark, it's painful!

Mr. Wang stares at me for a long time until his shiny teeth form a smile and he huffs out a laugh.

"Wow Mark. You're adorable." Mr. Wang pats my head as he laughs.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"You're innocence is surreal. Even after this accident, you're still the same." Mr. Wang smiles.

Mr. Wang grabs my good hand and squeezes it.

"I love you too, my friend." Mr. Wang forces a smile.

He gently lets go of my hand and leaves the room.

"C'mon Tuan, you seriously don't see he's head over heels for you?" The bright nurse makes her way to my bed.

"Head over heels? I don't see any heels on his head?" I stare at the nurse very confused.

"Oh Lord. You really are adorable." The nurse slaps her head into her hand, then she starts to take my vitals.

"Mark baby!" Jinyoung runs into my room.

"Hi Jinyoungie!" I smile and wave to best friend.

I miss him! I haven't seen him so long, so I asked happy nurse to call him. Yay!

"Oh my God. Baby, what happened?" Jinyoung looks at me and my battered body.

"I got hit by a truck." I tell him.

"WHAT! HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT SO CALMLY!" Jinyoung screams.

"It's what happened."

"When?"

"About a month ago."

"AND NOW I GET THE NEWS?"

"I just woke up from my coma a few days ago. No one knew to call you, until now." I smile after I explain.

"Oh for fucks sake. A coma? My stress." Jinyoung sits down and holds his head.

I laugh at Jinyoung's exasperated expression but the action causes my torso to ripple in pain.

"Ow! Don't make me laugh." I pout and rest my hand on my stomach.

"Oh Jesus! I'm so sorry!" Jinyoung gets up and runs to me.

"My sweet baby Mark. How the hell did you get hit by a truck?" Jinyoung massages my hair.

"I had to protect Mr. Wang and his job!" I say triumphantly.