Confrontation

Jackson's POV

Mark's mine now.

The little bundle of sunshine and naivety, is finally mine.

The kiss we shared yesterday was amazing yet terrible. Amazing because I finally got to kiss those beautiful lips. Terrible because I almost lost it. It's only a matter of time before a balloon bursts. The balloon called my hormones, is soon to burst.

But, he's too innocent and injured. He compared my lips to biscuits for god's sake. I'll corrupt him eventually, not now.

"Boss? Why are you smiling like that?" My secretary, Leo, asks with a smirk.

"No reason." I clear my throat.

"Sure, pervert." He chuckles as he sets a folder on my desk.

"What's this?" I glare at him as I grab the folder.

"The pictures you asked for. The restaurant finally conceded."

"Bout time." I look at the photos.

"The pictures range from when your lovely fellow and Ms. Mai went outside for a stroll." Leo explains.

"You always talk so fancy." I glare at my overly mannered secretary.

"Adequate."

My eyes glide from each of the pictures. It seems like Mai and Mark were having a conversation.

What were they talking about? What made Mark run into the street?

"I saw something peculiar in some of the pictures, so I asked the editor to enhance them." Leo smiles.

I find the enhanced photos. Mai has something black in her hand. Looks like a USB drive.

"Why does she..." I mutter to myself as I continue to go through the countless photos.

Looks like they were fighting.

"So..." I rub my stubbly chin. "Mark tried to save the USB drive. And he got hit by that damn truck in return. Why though?" I begin to get frustrated.

"Maybe something important was on it? Maybe Ms. Mai threatened him?" Leo suggests.

"Bring her." I order.

"As you wish, sir." Leo leaves my office.

Did she threaten him? What'd he ever do to her? Mark's so damn nice, it's a sin to be mean to him.

But the real question is the content on that drive. What exactly was Mark trying to save?

"Boss, I've brought her." Leo comes into the office with the brunette girl.

"You could've just called my desk Mr. Wang. I would've came without the help of your guard dog." Mai glares at Leo.

"Skank." Leo looks at Mai disgustingly.

"You can go Leo. Sit Ms. Ohn." I gesture to the chair in front of my desk.

As Leo leaves my office, he throws me a knowing look. I nod in return.

"So," Mai adjusts her breasts in her tight white button up. "What did you want sir?" She bats her eyelashes with a pretentious smile.

I slide a picture of her and Mark into the center of my desk.

"Care to explain this?" My finger thuds on my desk as I tap the photo.

"Oh..just a friendly talk." She fakes a smile.

"A friendly talk huh? Then what's this?" I lay an enhanced picture of the black USB drive in her grasp, down.

Her face pales.