Unexpected

Jackson POV

"Yes, Mr. Oswald. Because you've been a loyal customer for so long, we offer you a 25% discount on your next order."

"Splendid! Thank you, Mr. Wang! Rmfinacial is truly the best!"

We say our goodbyes and I hang up the phone. The thirteen deal for today, I'm beat.

"Boss." Leo enters my office with a manilla folder in hand. "The invoices for this week."

"Thanks." I take the folder and skim through it.

"An acquaintance has come to visit you. Shall I let him in?" Leo asks.

"Go ahead."

"As you wish, sir." Leo leaves my office after bowing. His formal tone never fails to annoy me.

"My man! Jackson!" Yugyeom walks into my office with a large smile on his face.

"Why are you here?" My eyebrows knit together from confusion.

"Let's have lunch together. I finally have a day off, and I decided to spend it with you." Yugyeom sits in the visitor chair while messing with my name plate.

"I have work. Go have lunch with your husband and stop this." I grab his hand to stop him from tapping my name plate against my desk.

"I just dropped off his lunch. Let's have lunch. You need a breather."

"You're right about that." Sighing, I scan the piles of papers and folders on my desk.

"Come on, Jackson." Yugyeom wiggles his eyebrows.

"Fine. If you pay." I agree.

"Oh come on. You're the millionaire." Yugyeom pouts.

"And you're the doctor."

Yugyeom takes me to a local Italian restaurant. We sit on the patio of the restaurant, enjoying our meal under the warm morning sun and cool winter wind.

"You like Italian, right? Or do you prefer chinese?" Yugyeom chuckles as he reads the menu.

"I can't stand you." I chuckle.

"Then have a seat."

"Kim Yugyeom." I glare at the younger male as he laughs at his own terrible joke.

We order our food and drinks and engage in small talk as we wait for our food to come.

"How's Mark? You know...after that." Yugyeom sips his caramel latte.

"Great. As cute, innocent and sweet as always." I smile while thinking about my Mark.

"See! And you thought he would change."

Our food arrives quicker than expected. Exceptional service, I might consider giving a tip. The bill arrives and we have a staring contest.

"You should really pay. A doctor's salary is only so much." Yugyeom pleads.

"You should really pay. There are so much bills I have to pay." I retort.

"Pay." Yugyeom doesn't break eye contact.

"You pay." Neither do I.

"How about rock, paper, scissors?" The waitress intervenes.

"Oh yeah! Bring it on!" Yugyeom gets into position.

"One game." I announce getting my own hands in position.

"Rock, paper, scissors!" We both shout. I throw a paper, he throws a rock.

"You're paying." I smirk.

"Best two out of three." Yugyeom tries.

"Nope. I said one game. You sore loser."

"Damn you!" He slaps ₩40,000 on the table. "Keep the change." He tells the waitress as he gets up.

"Wow! You told her to keep the change, how cool." I scoff.

"Shut up." He nudges me in my ribs.

Together, we leave the restaurant and take a stroll down the street. My hands are stuffed in my black trench coat and Yugyeom has on a grey sweater with black pants.

"It's rare seeing you without your white coat."

"It's rare seeing you in a suit." Yugyeom bites back.

Why do we always bicker with each other? Our arguments never seem to cease. We end up sitting on a bench in a near by park.

"Isn't this relaxing?" I close my eyes and inhale the fresh winter air. Much fresher than the air in my office.

"It really is." I hear Yugyeom's clothes rustling as he reaches into his pocket.

It's peaceful today, almost too peaceful.

"Hey Jackson?" Yugyeom asks.

I open my eyes and look at Yugyeom.

"Is Mark at work?" He continues to look down at his phone.

"No, he's home. Why are you asking?" I fully sit up and give my full attention to Yugyeom.

"Bambam just texted me."

"What'd he say?"

"Mai's at your house."

Those four words strike me right through my chest. Without saying a word, I lift off the bench and run to my car.

"Wait Jackson!" Yugyeom calls after me. But, I don't stop. My black boots slam against the concrete as I run.

Once I enter my car, suddenly, my phone rings. It's Namjoon, I answer.

"What?" I growl.

"You seem upset. Did Mai finally complete her part of the deal?"

"What?"

Yugyeom jumps into my car panting and sweating. I hush him before he can say anything.

"What deal?"

"You think you can just sit back and take all the funds of my uncle's company? Think again Jackson. It's like a sports game. I know your weakness and I'm striking home. Have a nice day, Jackson. You should've kept the bodyguards."

The hum of the dead line buzzes in my ear. People walk past my car, laughing and enjoying their time. A boy smiles up at his mother, innocently.

"Jackson?" Yugyeom whispers softly. "Are you okay?" He reaches to touch me.

The phone in my hand is thrown at the windshield. Glass shatters around us as I grab the steering wheel, aggressively.

"Shit!" Yugyeom jumps back from my actions. Shards of glass litter the dashboard and our laps.

"How..." My voice is low and hoarse. "How did Bambam know?"

"She told him. You know she's psycho and bold."

"That bitch!" I punch the steering wheel. Starting the car and shifting gears, I speed out of the parking lot. My tires screech on the road as I race to my house.

"What's wrong Jackson? What happened?" Yugyeom asks worried and confused. He grips onto his seatbelt as my car nears 120 miles per hour.

"The bastards! They're gonna take him!"

"Take who?"

"Mark! They're going to take Mark!"

Oh boy...once again the drama has started and now Namjoon is involved! The storm is brewing!
What'll happen to Mark? Will he be alright?

Thanks for reading!
Baaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiieeeee