Awake

Jackson POV

After hearing those two words, I've never been so happy.

After seeing Mark awake, I've never been so relieved.

The doctors were shocked Mark woke up so early. Once he woke up, a surge of doctors entered the room.

The doctors surrounded Mark, but once Mark caught sight of me again, he smiled.

The doctors made me leave the room so they could perform extra tests. I left with the image of Mark's smiling face lingering in my mind.

"You must be one happy bitch now Jackson." Mom smiles at me and pats my shoulders.

"I guess." I shrug.

"You little-" Mom slaps my neck.

"Cold little punk. The sweet little angel woke up and all you do is shrug. Damn you. If I could, I'd push your fat ass head back were it came from."

"That's disgusting woman and my head isn't that fat." I touch my head.

"Your non existent emotions are disgusting." Mom huffs.

"Mrs. Wang?" A man with a suit on, walks into the hospital lobby, where mom and I sit.

"Oh yay! My ride is here." Mom gets up and straightens her dress.

"Your ride? Dad sent him?"

"Nope. But it is time for me to go home. Here, you can have this back." Mom hands me one of my credit cards.

"Really? Wow, how much did you spend?" I scoff.

"Just check your account. I went cheap on ya this year." Mom smirks.

This damn woman-

The woman hugs me tightly, reminds me of the hug she gave me when I left home years ago.

"I'm gonna miss my Jackie Wackie and my sweet bundle of sunshine. I already said bye to Mark." She grabs her bags and smiles brightly

"You better treat my caramel apple right! When I come back, you two better be married or some shit. And if that Mai bitch still causing trouble I'll fly a plane into her ass and sho-"

"Okay okay mom. Chill." I laugh.

"Well, that's all I have to say. Bye my son, I love ya." Mom kisses my cheek and runs to her escorter.

"Aww. Is she leaving for good?" Dr. Kim speaks from behind me.

"Yeah. For now." I sigh.

"I'm gonna miss your quarrels. They were quite entertaining." Dr. Kim laughs.

I smile in response.

"But anyways, Mark wants to see you. The other doctors are finished with their tests."

Mark wants to see me? Thank God. Its already been three days since he woke up.

Dr. Kim leads me to Mark's room.

"Here we are." Dr. Kim's hand gestures to the door.

I enter Mark's room slowly. I know he's awake now but seeing him in a hospital bed is still painful. I want him to be up and walking, doing his weird antics.

I make my way to the seat next to his bed. Mark's eyes are closed, his faintly blond hair hovers over his eyes. The white bandage still wrapped around his head.

As I sit down, Mark's eyes open and he slowly turns his head towards me.

Mark smiles, his iconic smile. I smile back.

"Hi Mark." I finally say.

Mark giggles. I missed his little giggles.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"You said my first name." He answers.

I missed his chirpy voice.

"Then should I call you Mr. Tuan?"

"No. I like when you say my first name."

"I like saying your first name too, Mark."

He giggles again.

"Since we're talking about names, do I call you master or Mr. Wang?"

"Hmm...since we're not home or at work, you can call me by my first name."

Mark's eyes widen and his lips form an O shape.

"Really?" Mark stares at me shocked.

I nod my head.

"Does that mean....that we're....friends?" Mark's eyes twinkle.

It feels like a knife stabs me in the heart hearing the word "friends". I know that a large sum of me wants to not be just friends but the sane part of me tells me that I should calm down and ease into things.

"I guess you can say that." I answer coolly.

Mark's heart monitor starts to beep faster. He continues to stare at me with wide eyes.

"Are you okay?" I start to worry. I know his heart shouldn't be beating that fast.

"I'm fine. I'm just happy." Mark's smile could probably light the entire world.

As the monitor goes back into it's normal rhythm, Mark's eyes wonder. He looks at the floor and back at me. He looks at his bruised hands and then glances at me. His mouth opens and closes, as if he wants to say something.

"What? What's wrong? Why are you so fidgety?" I stare at him seriously.

"M-my arm itches." Mark pats the cast on his arm.

I can tell he's lying. He's too innocent to be a good liar.

"Mark, what's really wrong?" I lean closer to his bed.

The way Mark stares at me leaves me confused. It's like he's scared to tell me what he's truly thinking.

"Mr. Tuan. Time for your check up!" A perky nurse walks into the room.

"Do I have to leave?" I ask.

"Yes Mr. Wang, unfortunately you have to scooch on to the waiting room." She jokes.

"Alright. See ya Mark." As I get up to leave, a tender hand grabs my arm.

I turn to a red faced Mark.

"J-Jackson." Hearing my name come from Mark's mouth does a disaster of things to my mind.

"Yes Mark?"

Mark looks at me with shiny eyes and red cheeks: Adorable. His bruised hand squeezes my forearm.

He finally says what he's truly thinking:

"I love you too."

Hehehe(: Mark heard it
How will Jackson react? Will he own up or try to tell Mark it was all a dream??

Thanks for reading!
Baaaayyyyyyyiiiiiiiieeeeee