Brunch

Mark POV

"Mark! Mark baby! MARK WAKE UP!"

"I'M UP!" I fall off my bed.

"Finally. My goodness, you're a heavy sleeper." Mrs. Wang looks down at me on the floor.

"Sorry. I was having an interesting dream." I yawn and stretch.

"An interesting dream? About what?"

"It was about Mr. Wang."

"What?" Mrs. Wang looks like her eyes are about to fall out.

"Yeah....his body was a biscuit. And he was talking like a chicken. It was so strange."

Woah. My dreams are so awesome.

"Oh wow. Your dreams are quite...interesting."

"Aren't they!" I finally get up from the floor.

"Aww. You even look cute when you wake up." Mrs. Wang pinches my cheeks.

"You remind me of my grandmother." I smile.

I miss Nana. She was the strongest person I ever knew.

"Are you saying I'm a grandmother? Do I look like a grandmother?" Mrs. Wang's tone rises.

"Um no. You look like a young beautiful woman in my opinion." I reassure her.

"Do I? Thank you Mark. You're so sweet." Mrs. Wang hugs me.

"Mrs.....Mrs. Wang? Are you....are you crying?" I feel my back become wet.

"I just want my Jackson to get married and have kids. Is that too much for a mother to ask for!"

"Um..um." I have no idea how to respond to this situation.

"He'll be 30 in three years. He needs to make a move on. He has money, looks, he has the whole package. Why Mark? Why can't my baby marry!" Mrs. Wang shakes my shoulders.

Maybe because he made a girl cry because she wore the wrong dress but who knows.

"Um..I don't know? Maybe he's not ready. You shouldn't pressure other people for your own wishes. That's bad. That's what mommy said." I smile.

"Yep. You hear that mom. It's bad to pressure people for your own wishes."

Mrs. Wang and I both jump from Mr. Wang's voice behind us.

"Holy biscuit! You scared me!" I hold my chest.

"Jackson? How long have you been there?"

"Long enough." Mr. Wang walks into my room.

"Good morning master!" I bow.

"Get dressed."

"What? Why master?"

"You're going to accompany me at a brunch." Mr. Wang averts his eyes.

"Really? A brunch? What's a brunch?" I'm excited! Even though I have no idea what a brunch is.

Mr. Wang pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Just get dressed." Mr. Wang casually walks out of my room.

"Am I invited?" Mrs. Wang asks.

"No." Mr. Wang's voice is cold and mean.

"I carried you for 9 months and pushed your fat ass head out. Don't be rude to me. I can still whoop your ass."

"Mom!" Mr. Wang looks at his mother in shock.

"Whatever. I'll go hang out with my girls. Bye Mark! See you later." Mrs. Wang leaves the room.