A Walk

Mark POV

"Woah! It's so pretty outside." I stare outside the window in my room as I finally get to sit up in bed.

"Alright Mark. Breathe in and breathe out." Dr. Kim holds the cold-metal -heart listening thing against my chest.

"Okay." I begin to breathe in and I shout in pain.

"I can't do it Doc. It hurts." I wheeze.

"No no. That was good. We're making progress, slowly." Dr. Kim smiles at me.

"Gross." I look at my scared chest. So many stitches.

"They're not gross. That reminds you: you're a survivor. Lay back down and relax. I'll be back with your medications." And Mr. Kim walks out the room.

"Biscuits." I sigh. I don't wanna lay down. I wanna go outside and see the pretty trees and leaves.

But I really want to see Mr. Wang. I haven't seen him since Jinyoungie visited, and that was 3 days ago.

I have to tell him right....that I....I....

"I LOVE HIM!" I scream.

"Indeed you do Mr. Tuan. But don't scream, you'll only hurt yourself." Dr. Kim comes back with his tray.

"You knew?" I ask as he gives me my 5 shots.

"Who doesn't know? You have no idea what you do to that man. Tsk tsk." Dr. Kim shakes his head.

"What do I do? I haven't done anything special?" I'm confused.

"The innocence."

"Dr. Kim, can I go outside?" I turn to the window.

"Why? It's cold out."

"I've been in this bed forever. Mark wants fresh air." I pout.

"I can totally imagine you having little space.." Dr. Kim scratches his chin.

"Little space? What is that?"

"Nothing. If you want to go outside, you have to take a wheelchair."

"Why! I wanna walk!"

"You're legs...are broken. I don't know what else to tell you buddy. The bones snapped. The truck's wheels ran over them so they're out of commission."

"I get it." I accept my fate.

"Let me get your wheelchair and we c-oh! Look who's here Mark?" Dr. Kim looks back at me.

In walks Mr. Wang wearing a gray jacket with black jeans.

"Hi master!" I smile brightly. I miss him!

Dr. Kim begins coughing.

"Master? Ain't that a bit kinky?" Dr. Kim asks Mr. Wang.

"Ah. Just let it go." Mr. Wang sighs.

I still don't know what that word means...is it bad? Kinky?

"Thought I told you to call me by my first name." Mr. Wang scolds me.

"Sorry. It's weird to call you by your real name."

"It's weirder for you to call me master in public."

"You could've made him say daddy. Which is ten times kinkier." Dr. Kim inputs.

"Daddy? But you're not my dad.."

"Oh my God. Just call me by my real name until we get home." Mr. Wang facepalms.

"Or else he'll punish you." Dr. Kim smirks.