Another day

Mark POV

"I'm here!" Kicking open the door, I rest the three heavy boxes on the floor.

"Unpack that stuff." The woman scribbles something on a piece of paper.

"But...I just carried these-"

"Unpack them! Don't talk back to me!"

Her yelling makes me jump and I hurriedly unpack the contents in the boxes.

"Get out of my face!" She shoos me away once I'm finished.

"Sorry ma'am." I bow and exit the room.

I

Want

To

Go

Back

Home.

Mommy always told me to appreciate life but this? Ha! It's a real hard one to appreciate.

"Tuan! Come here!" Another woman's voice.

"Yes ma'am!"

This is what happens everyday.

Someone calls me, I come running. I do all their work but they still yell at me for minor errors.

Look at them wrong: they yell.

Put too much sugar in their coffee: they yell.

Walk into their office: they yell.

Breathe: they yell.

Blink: they yell.

Yelling this, yelling that, I'm sorry to say this but, I hate them.

I sweat for these men and women. Work my heart out! And they don't have the ounce of respect to say thank you at least. Ungrateful people.

"I-I'm finished." I pant as I slam a heavy box on Hoseok's desk. Those stairs are violent and vicious.

"No you're not. Go clean the models' dressing rooms. Then you can go home." Hoseok doesn't even spare me a glance as he types on his computer.

"No. You clean it." I'm fed up.

"Excuse me?" Hoseok takes off his Ray-Ban glasses and gets out of his seat. "Did you just tell me no?" He glares at me.

"Yes. I did." I glare at him.

"You're getting mighty bold lately. You might want to watch yourself. Go clean it."

I am getting bold. For some reason, I can't be happy here nor polite. I'm tired, I'm lonely, and I'm sad. I want to go back home to Jackson and my friends.

"You go clean it yourself." I storm out of his office and run down the ten flights of stairs.

Three months of the same mistreatment. I'm tired of it! All I want is some biscuits and my dramas.

"Mark! Get back here, Mark! Wait till I tell Namjoon!"

I don't care, I don't listen. I run and run until I near the street that I supposedly live on.

I've been to so many countries in these past three months, it's not funny. Right now, we're in France and it's much cooler than Egypt.

"I'm exhausted." Somehow, I managed to walk to the apartment. My legs are aching in pain as I stand in the elevator taking me twenty floors up.

As soon as I open the door to the apartment, Mai is standing in the middle of the room. I jump.

"Holy cowbell! You scared me!" I clench my chest from fear.

"You ran from the job? Sorry ass bitch." Mai scoffs and yanks me by the ear. She drags me to the couch.

"Ow!" I hold my throbbing ear.

Excuse my profanity but Mai is a fish. A rotting slimy fish. Living with her has been anything but fun. Nasty, psychotic and torturous? Oh yeah, that's all she is.

"Why'd you run?" She asks.

"Can I go to sleep? I'm tired." I yawn.

"No. Do the dishes." She points to the heap of the dishes piled up in the sink.

"Why...we're the only two who live here!" I exclaim.

"I had a party. Deal with it." She fixes her dress that, in my opinion, is too short.

"Do the dishes or else I'll call Namjoon." She waves goodbye and saunters off into her room.

I stare at her closed door. Then I stare at the dishes. They laugh evilly and a dark cloud forms over them.

I hate this so much.

I'm even hallucinating.

Walking over to the dishes, a loud groan leaves me as I look at the messy kitchen. Curse Mai and her stupid parties!

If I were home, Jackson would totally help with the dishes. He doesn't like when I have too much work. He said it makes me look like a slave....

I'M A SLAVE. Right now, right here! They treat me like a slave!

The doorbell brings me out of my trance.

"Get the door, bitch!" Mai's voice is muffled by her door.

"Fish." I raise a spoon in a threatening manner towards her room. Reluctantly, I answer the door.

"Jin!" I smile seeing the older male before me. He looks disheveled and sweaty. Was he running?

"Let me in." Jin pushes his way through the door and slams it shut. He locks the door before he marches to the couch.

"Come here, Mark." He gestures me to come sit down.

"What is it? Why are you such....a mess?" I ask as Jin reaches into his pocket.

"Where's Mai?"

"In her room." I think I hear the shower.

"Don't tell her. No. Don't tell anyone about this." Jin looks at me seriously and he puts his phone in my hand.

"W-what is it?" I'm scared now.

Jin scoots closer to me and whispers in my ear:

"I have Jackson's number."

Jin is a hero! Can Jackson and Mark meet again??
Thanks for reading!
Baaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiieeeee