Chapter 9

~~~

"He's gone." Donovan tells John when she sees him looking around for Sherlock.

"Sherlock Holmes?"

"Yeah, he just took off." Donovan walks over to the doctor. "He does that."

"Is he coming back?" John asks with a sigh.

"Didn't look like it." She replies.

John nods his lead looking around some more. "Right. Right," He draws out. "Yes, sorry, where am I?"

"Brixton."

"I, um, do you know where I could get a cab? It's just, uh, well," He trails off looking at his bad leg. "My leg."

"Uh," She sighs going over to lift the caution tape. "Try the main road."

"Thanks."

"But your not his friend." Sally tells him. "He doesn't have friends. So who are you?"

"I'm, I'm nobody. I just met him." John replies.

"Well, bit of advice then, stay away from that guy." John ducks under the tape and Donovan was about to walk away when she decided to give John a little more information of the consulting detective. "You know why he's here?" She asks him and John shakes his head. "He's not paid or anything. He likes it; he gets off on it. The weirder the crime the more he gets off, and you know what? One day showing up just wont be enough. One day we'll all be standing around a body and Sherlock Holmes will be the one that put it there."

"Why would he do that?" John asks confused.

"Because he's a psychopath, and psychopaths get bored."

"Donovan!" Lestrade calls out to her from the building.

"Coming!" She calls back to him. She starts walking away but then turns back to John who is still standing there. "Stay away from Sherlock Holmes." She says and walks back into the building leaving John to his thoughts.

John, not really wanting to believe a word she said, shakes his head and rolls his eyes. He then turns around and starts walking towards the main road in hopes of finding a cab; however when he gets close to a red phone box, the phone starts ringing.

The doctor stops, looks at the booth then continues walking. AS soon as he walks a few feet away the ringing cuts off.

"Taxi! Taxi!" John calls trying to get a taxi driving past but it just ignores him. Sighing, John continues walking. He passes anther phone in a food place called Chicken Cottage and it starts ringing again. A worker at the restaurant goes to pick up the phone, but right before he touches it, it stops ringing.

John continues walking and passes another red phone box, which also starts ringing. This time, however, John walks in to answer it.

John picks up the phone, hesitates then answers, "Hello?"

"There is a security camera on the building to your left, do you see it?" A male voice asks calmly.

"Who's this?" John questions. "Who's speaking?"

"Do you see the camera, Dr. Watson?" The man on the phone repeats.

"Yes. I see it." John replies reluctantly as he spots the camera.

"Watch." The man says and John watches the camera as it turns away from him.

"There is another camera on the building opposite you, do you see it?"

John hums yes as he also spots that camera and watches it as it also turns away from him.

"And finally, on the top of the building on your right." And that camera also turns away from John.

"How are you doing this?" John asks a little unnerved.

"Get in the car, Dr. Watson." The man on the phone says. "I would make some sort of threat," He adds as a car pulls up next to the phone booth, "but I'm sure your situation is quite clear to you."

With that, John limps over and gets in to the car and realizes he is next to this beautiful women who is texting on her phone.

"Hello." He says to her after a while of silence.

She looks to him and smiles. "Hi." She says then turns back to her phone.

"What's your name then?" He asks after another moment of silence.

"Uh," She pauses slightly, "Anthea."

"Is that your real name?"

She smiles and looks at him again, "No." She answers honestly.

"I'm John." He introduces himself.

"Yes, I know."

"Any point in asking where I'm going?" John asks trying to fill the awkward silence.

"None at all, John."

"Okay."

After a while, the car finally pulls into an old run down building. John gets out of the car and sees a man standing a few yards ahead of him and leaning on an umbrella.

"Have a seat, John." The man says gesturing to the chair in front of him with his umbrella.

~~~

"Thank you so much again for helping me move in, Mrs. Hudson." Kat tells Mrs. Hudson thankfully. "Your really didn't have to."

"Oh, it was my pleasure dear. Besides, there were only a few boxes and you might want to be all settled in before the boys get back." She explains.

"I'll just start cleaning up then."

"Okay dear, I'll be downstairs if you need me." With that Mrs. Hudson walked back downstairs.

After Kat got settled in her room, she walked down the hall and to the kitchen. As she walked around the kitchen examining all of the clutter, she heard the front door open and the sound of somebody walking up the stairs.

"Katherine?" Sherlock says in surprise when he spots her at the top of the stairs. "I didn't think you would actually come."

"Well you did ask me." Kat jokes. "Besides, I needed to move in anyways."

"Move- oh, what are the odds that Scotland Yards new detective and forensics specialist is the women Mrs. Hudson was just telling us would be moving in soon."

"Did you really want to know the odds or-" Kat trailed off with a joking smile that Sherlock happily returned.

"Funny. Look what I found." Sherlock says lifting up the pink bag in his hand.

"Wait, is that-"

"Her case." Sherlock finishes for me with a smile. "Jennifer Wilson's case."

"Where did you find it?" Kat asks excitedly.

"In a dumpster in a back ally about 5 minutes from Lauriston Gardens."

"That is incredible." The two of them stare at each other for a minute before Kat clears her throat and looks away. "Where, um, where did John go?"

"John, oh, he should be here soon." Sherlock says sitting down on the couch.

~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this chapter and my story and you want to help me write more, please donate to any or all of the links below or you can find them in my BIO! Thank you! Love you muchly, Kisses -K

BuyMeACoffee - buymeacoffee.com/Immortality4646
LiberaPay - https://en.liberapay.com/Immortality4646/
Ko-Fi - https://ko-fi.com/immortality4646