Chapter 31

A/N - Yayyyyyyyyy meeeeeeeee!!!!! I got this chapter done right on time (and posted right on time too) Happy Sherlock Sundays my lovelies!!! Here are my weekly dedications....

Thank you so much to @MeguelineMaraschim @AuroraDeLuca804 @StarConstant13 @goldenkitsune98 @MyCookiemonster95 @Laissy-chan @VMCastleRock @abeautifulrisk @mia-jane024 and ESPECIALLY @Annagmergirl for spamming me with votes and comments!!! You guys make writing this even more fun than it already is and I thank you for it!

Okay on to the chapter!!!

Love you muchly!!

Kisses -K

~~~

"Flew back from Dalian Friday. Looks like he had back-to-back meetings with the sales team." Van Coon's P.A. Amanda tells them as she reads off his schedule on her computer.

"Can you print us up a copy?" Kat asks her with a smile and Amanda smiles back.

"Sure." She replies and sends it to the printer. Kat notices a pretty green hairpin in Amanda's hair.

"That's a very pretty hairpin." Kat tells her. "Where did you get it?"

"Oh," Amanda touches it unconsciously. "Oh, it was just a cheap little gift." She smiles a little sadly.

"Well it's very beautiful."

"Could you tell me about the day he died?" Sherlock asks her. "Can you tell me where he was?"

"Sorry. Bit of a gap." Amanda says and the two of them look and see that the date he died, the 22nd, was completely empty. "I have all his receipts." She adds.

"What kind of a boss was he, Amanda?" Holmes asks as he looks at her desk. "Appreciative?"

"Um, no. That's not a word I'd use. The only things Eddie appreciated had a big price tag." She jokes honestly.

Sherlock sits down at the desk and notices the expensive hand cream. "Like that hand cream. He bought that for you, didn't he?" Amanda unconsciously touches her hairpin again, but Holmes isn't paying attention, he's too busy looking at all of Van Coon's receipts that are spread out on the table. "Look at this one." He holds it up for Kat to see. "Got a taxi from home on the day he died. Eighteen pounds fifty."

Amanda thinks about it for a second. "That would get him to the office." She tells them.

Holmes shakes his head. "Not rush hour; check the time. Mid-morning. Eighteen would get him as far as..."

"The West End." Amanda jumps in. "I remember him saying."

Kat looks around and see's another receipt with the date March 22 on it. "Underground. Printed at one in Piccadilly." She shows them.

Amanda looks at both of the tickets. "So he got a Tube back to the office. Why would he get a taxi into town and then the Tube back?" She questions confused.

"Because he was delivering something heavy." Sherlock answers her while the two of them still sorted through the receipts. "Didn't want to lug a package up the escalator."

"Delivering?"

"To somewhere near Piccadilly Station. Dropped the package, delivered it and then..." Holmes trails off.

"...stopped on his way." Kat finishes for him as she finds another receipt. This particular receipt was for an Italian pizza and espresso bar. "He got peckish."

~~~

"So you bought your lunch from here en route to the station, but where were you headed from? Where did the taxi drop you...?" Sherlock muses out loud. The two of them walked around the area where Van Coon stopped to have lunch. The two of them were looking around and not paying attention when they bumped into somebody else: John Watson.