Chapter 41 - The Great Game

A/N - Episode 3 guys can you believe it?! It's finally here!!! Sorry I am a day late in posting but I had to make sure this chapter was perfect for all of you and it is extra long as well just to kick off the final section of my book. Now for my weekly dedications...

Thank you to... @BitterSweetG @shadownightgla @MBG202 @AuroraDeLuca804 @MyCookiemonster95 @MeguelineMaraschim @Supernaturalmorgan20 @Theoptimistic123 @Gozdealpcetin @Saphire2102 @ahtenaismona @astridb14 @SenniGirl @mia-jane1024 @BlackLazureSea @EmmelineGRWeasley

And I especially want to say a huge thank you to @Alex_Lyra  because every week you comment and tell me how much you love the chapter and it just makes me so happy to know that you enjoy the book as well as my writing. I do my best to make this book seem as authentic as any other book you can find published at the store or online so hearing that I have achieved that (or at least come close to achieving that) means a lot.

All of your votes and comments mean the world to me. I know I say that practically every week but I just want to make sure you guys know it. Thank you for reading and now, without further ado... I present to you, The Great Game!!

Love you muchly,

Kisses - K

~~~Minsk, Belarus~~~

"Just tell us what happened from the beginning." Sherlock says to the man sitting across from him and Kat who is wearing a dark brown jacket that looks in as bad shape as the man who's wearing it. The two detectives were called by an inmate who was trying to have the two of them prove his innocence for murdering his significant other.

The man takes a deep breath. "We had been to a bar, nice place, and, er, I got chatting with one of the waitresses, and Karen weren't happy with that," He explains slowly. "So when we get back to the hotel, we end up having a bit of a ding-dong, don't we?" Kat can feel Sherlock tense beside her and she knows it's because this man has some of the worst grammar she has ever heard. Sherlock also sighs loudly indicating that he's bored which Kat has learned by experience is never good. "She's always getting at me, saying I weren't a real man."

"Wasn't a real man." Sherlock says finally correcting him after he had had enough.

"What?" The man says back a little confused.

"It's not "weren't", it's "wasn't"." Sherlock replies a little curtly and Kat has to hold back her laughter.

Inmate pauses slightly not really understanding but just decides to ignore it. "Oh."

"Go on." Kat tells him sweetly as she attempts to diffuse the tension.

"Well," He pauses a little trying to remember his story. "Then I don't know how it happened, but suddenly there's a knife in my hands and you know me old man was a butcher, so I know how to handle knives. He learned us how to cut up a beast."

"Taught." Sherlock corrects him again.

"What?" The man snaps and grits his teeth as he's getting a little irritated.

Kat smiles gently with slight guilt. "It should be that he taught you how to cut up a beast."

Inmate was very dismissive of Kat and Sherlock's corrections. "Yeah, well, then I done it."

"Did it." Sherlock replies simply.

"Did it!" The inmate yells as he slams his hand on the table causing Kat to flinch slightly but Sherlock remains impassive. "Stabbed her! Over and over and over," He slams his hand on the table with every word. "And I looked down, and she weren't," With one look at Sherlock's face he knew he got it wrong again and the man sought to correct himself. "Wasn't, moving no more. Any more." He calms down and corrects himself again after Sherlock got the look on his face... again. "God help me, I dunno how it happened, but it was an accident, I swear."