Chapter 56

A/N - Here's update 1 of 2 my lovelies! As promised I'm going to give you two updates until I finish the book and I think next week you guys are going to be VERY happy. *wink wink*

Okay on to my weekly dedications. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO @ahtenaismona @DoctorCircuit40 @nerd_princess13 @Ink_demon66 @thrillofbooks @FANDOM_GEEK_13 @MysticJackson @astribd14 @fuzzywuzzy406 @Theoptimistic123 @MeguelineMaraschim @isabelldospatins @MyCookiemonster95 @gigicrisoliveira23 @TheLastWildAngel @Killer_Mercy @SenniGirl @CaptainMarvel0705 @CharlieBrown104 for all of your votes and comments!! You guys always make my day when I get on my phone and see you guys spamming me with votes and comments and I love you all for it!

Love you all muchly, Kisses -K

~~~

"Spare change?" The homeless women from the tunnel says. "Any spare change?"

"No." The people who walk by dismiss her.

"Alex Woodbridge didn't know anything special about art." John tells Sherlock and Kat when he gets out of his taxi and meets them on the side walk.

"And?" Kat prompts and John turns to them incredulously.

"And... is that it?" Sherlock jumps in. "No habits, hobbies, personality?"

"Give us a chance. He was an amateur astronomer." The good doctor tries to defend Alex.

"Hold that cab." Sherlock tells John and he walks over to the homeless women.

John leans his head down into the cab window. "Can you wait here?"

"Spare change, sir?" She asks Sherlock and Kat stands silently beside him.

Sherlock looks ahead as if he doesn't see her. "Don't mind if I do." He says and she pulls a piece of paper out of her pocket and discreetly hands it to Sherlock. Sherlock reads the note which says 'Vauxhall Arches' and smiles while handing it to Kat so she can read it.

Kat looks up at him confused and he just replies with a shake of his head that said I'll explain later.

Sherlock then leads Kat back to John who is standing by the cab. "Fortunately, I haven't been idle." He says as he pops into the back seat. "Come on." He adds and Kat and John give each other a fleeting look and then follow him into the car and the cab drives away.

~~~

Sherlock, John, and Kat get out of the cab and walk down a dark alley. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Sherlock says looking up at the stars in the sky.

Kat and John look up to see what he was talking about. "I thought you didn't care about." John quips and Kat hold back a laugh.

Sherlock sends an eye roll to his two friends. "Doesn't mean I can't appreciate it."

"Listen, Alex Woodbridge had a message on the answerphone at his flat. A Professor Cairns." John tries to tell Sherlock but he ignores him.

"This way." Sherlock says and he turns down a corner and leads them down a darker tunnel.

"Nice. Nice part of town." Watson looks around with a grimace on his face at the sketchy part of town Sherlock has dragged them to.

"Yeah, any time you want to explain?" Kat jokes lightly but seriously. She really wants to know why she's likely getting fecal matter all over her shoes.

"Homeless network." Holmes replies simply. "Really is indispensable."

"Ho- Homeless network?" Kat stutters out surprised.

Sherlock shoots her a small knowing smile. "My eyes and ears, all over the city."

"Ah, that's clever." John jumps in. "So you scratch their backs, and-?