Chapter 48

A/N - Hello my lovelies!! I want to thank you all SO MUCH for all of the feedback you gave me last chapter. I honestly thought only one or two of you guys would answers but holy shit you guys, like at least 10 of you commented and you all said the same thing... descriptive, fluffy, fluffy romance and so, like a genie, your wish is my command (but you'll still have to wait a little bit, sorry. I want this to be perfect for all of you). Also, this video I posted is the song that is sung in this chapter, just as an FYI, so if you wanted to listen to it before, after, or during, it's up to you.

And now, onto my weekly dedications... THANK YOU to @Theoptimistic123 @MyCookiemonster95 @ahtenaismona @Alex_Lyra @MeguelineMaraschim @Saphire2102 @AnnabelleHallowthorn @BlackLazureSea @isabelldoespatins @MBG202 @zestyfan @astribd14 @My_name_kika @LeFireNation @mia-jane1024 @DoctorCircuit40 @tea_and_sherlock @Gozdealpcetin @peeterpumpkineater69 @missquinn02 @noraA7X @SenniGirl @TheTurtleSaidHello @arwenwutzler @Supernaturalmorgan20 @AnnaWilliams21 @thrillofbooks @lexigirl77 @Accringshire Thank you all so much for all of your votes, comments, and support on my story!!! And I had a really lovely conversation with @tea_and_sherlock which I absolutely loved!!

And an extra special thank you to @EmmelineGRWeasley who left me the sweetest message on my message board!!!

I hope you enjoy this chapter!! Love you muchly, Kisses -K

~~~

Currently, Kat is sitting on the couch just starring at the weird text message she received on her phone while Sherlock was still in the kitchen looking into his microscope. After their... interesting conversation, Sherlock went back to his work and Kat went into the center room to look through some more articles. John had returned a while ago and was just sitting there, minding his own business.

The blonde detective is puzzled at who would be sending her messages. And how they know about the case their on right now.

Kat reaches down and picks up her guitar that she had brought into the room the other day and begins strumming some notes mindlessly and she begins to sing.

"Across the evening sky, all the birds are leaving. How can they know, it was time for them to go. I do not count the time, for who knows where the time goes. Who knows where the time goes." Kat finishes playing and sits there for a moment before her guitar down. The blonde proceeds to lie down on the couch looking up towards the ceiling, thinking.

Sherlock stares in awe at the blonde when she sings, unaware of his gaze. It was as if her voice cleared his head and he suddenly got an idea about the case.

Everything was silent for a long time as Sherlock looks through his microscope until he suddenly yells, "Poison!" And his hands slam on the table startling everyone, including Mrs. Hudson who had just walked in to the room.

John jumps a little startled as Sherlock's sudden outburst. "What are you going on about?" Mrs. Hudson asks lightly.

"Clostridium botulinum." Sherlock claps his hands excitedly as he gets up and walks over to Kat and John. "It's one of the deadliest poisons on the planet. Carl Powers."

"Are you saying he was murdered?" John asks surprised.

"Of course he was murdered," Kat tells him nicely. "Why else would the bomber lead us to his case?"

"Exactly." Sherlock smiles at Kat and then turns to look at John as well. "Remember the shoelaces."

"Mmm."

"The boy suffered from eczema. It would be the easiest thing in the world to introduce the poison into his medication."

"Oh my goodness, you're right." Kat says surprised as she thinks about how this crime was committed. "Two hours later he comes up to London, the poison takes effect, paralyses the muscles and he drowns."

"How come the autopsy didn't pick that up?"

"Well, it's virtually undetectable." Kat answers. "Besides, nobody would have been looking for it. Why would a kid ultimately have Botox in his system?"

Sherlock nods his head in agreement to Kat's point. "There's still tiny traces of it left inside the trainers from where he put the cream on his feet." The curly haired detective explains. "That's why they had to go."

"So, how do we let the bomber know?" John asks and Sherlock walks over to his computer and opens it up and begins typing.

"Get his attention, stop the clock." Sherlock says as he writes a message post on his blog.

"The killer kept the shoes all these years." John muses.

"Yes."

"So," Kat turns to look at Sherlock. "That must mean that he's our bomber."

Suddenly, the pink phone starts ringing and Sherlock quickly answers it and puts it on speaker. "Well done, you." The women's voice speaks over the phone, still crying and shaky. "Come and get me."

"Where are you? Tell us where you are." Sherlock asks desperately and Kat get's her phone out to call Lestrade. After Kat makes her call and tells Lestrade the address of the women, Kat received another message from the unknown number.

'You're little boyfriend solved this puzzle quicker than I thought. I wonder what else that hunk of a man is capable of... if you know what I mean. Remember to take it easy Kitty Kat, your shoulder and ribs won't heal if you don't take a break, besides, I'm the only one who's allowed to hurt you. XOXO'

As Kat reads the message, she gasps and John and Sherlock look over to her. Kat stills for a second and then coughs to cover up. "Sorry, I, uh, choked for a second."

John dismisses Kat's lie but Sherlock does not. His gaze remains on Kat and he studies her as her breathing pattern changes and her hands start shacking slightly. Sherlock realized that something on her phone is bothering her and he's determined to figure out what it is.

~~~

"She lives in Cornwall." Lestrade explains when Kat, Sherlock, and John arrive at Scotland Yard the next day. "Two men broke in wearing masks, forced her to drive to the car park and decked her out in enough explosives to take down a house. Told her to phone you. Check the read-out from this - pager." He hands Sherlock a small pager that the women was reading off of.

"If she deviated by one word, the sniper would set her off." Sherlock says in a hard voice. Kat, noticing his discomfort, secretly grabs his hand and squeezed it lightly. Sherlock then shoots her an appreciative look.

"Or if you hadn't solved the case." John replies sending a warning glance to Sherlock and Kat.

"Oh," The detective breathes out. "Elegant!"

"Elegant?" John scoffs.

"What was the point? Why would anyone do this?" Lestrade asks and Kat just shakes her head a little confused as well.

"Oh I can't be the only person in the world that gets bored." Sherlock answers quietly and suddenly Kat's phone and the pink phone ding indicating a new message.

"You have one new message." The pink phone says in a robotic female voice.

Kat, who is too preoccupied by the message from another unknown number, ignores the pink phone and checks her messages.

'There are different ways people deal with boredom; Some of us solve crimes, some of us create them. I like to play games, Kitty Kat, and I've got you chasing after my feather on a string... or should I say, rope. Enjoy this next puzzle. XOXO'

~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this chapter and my story and you want to help me write more, please donate to any or all of the links below or you can find them in my BIO! Thank you! Love you muchly, Kisses -K

BuyMeACoffee - buymeacoffee.com/Immortality4646
LiberaPay - https://en.liberapay.com/Immortality4646/
Ko-Fi - https://ko-fi.com/immortality4646