Chapter 32

A/N - On time with my posting again, go me!!

Here are my weekly dedications...

@MyCookiemonster95 @ManuMaske @AuroraDeLuca804 @MeguelineMaraschim @SallyDonovan @Alex_Lyra @Annagamergirl9 @Elizabeth_Hatter @HoneyLove_Xx @lollie-me-BISH

Thank you guys so much for commenting and voting on my chapters!! Love You Muchly!!!

Kisses -K

~~~

Sherlock leads the two of them across the street to the place that he was looking at. He rubs his finger across some wet yellow pages. "It's been here since Monday." Monday was the last time it rained. Sherlock pressed the doorbell button for at least a good 5 seconds before letting it go: Nobody came to the door.

Sherlock leads them around the back towards the fire escape but the ladder is laying horizontal and they can't reach it. "No-one's been in that flat for at least three days."

"Could've gone on holiday." Watson comments.

Holmes thinks about that for a second and looks around. "D'you leave your windows open when you go on holiday?" With that Sherlock takes a running jump and grabs the bottom on the ladder and pulls it down. He gestures for Kat to walk ahead then he follows after her leaving John in the wind.

Sherlock jumps through the window before Kat but on his way in, he knocks over a vase but manages to catch it before it hits the floor.

"Nice catch." Kat comments with an impressed smile but Sherlock wasn't listening, he was too busy focusing on the wet spot on the floor that would have been caused by the dropping vase.

"Someone else has been here." Holmes calls out loud enough for John to hear down below. "Somebody else broke into the flat and knocked over the vase just like I did."

"Weird." Kat mumbles slowly and walked over to the laundry machine. She opened the door and grabbed a blouse that was inside and brought it up to her nose. The blonde detective takes a sniff and smells that the clothes don't smell clean. "Sherlock, catch." She tossed him the shirt for him to smell as well and then he tosses it back inside the machine.

The two of them continue to look around and they hear the doorbell ring a few times.

"D'you think maybe you could let me in this time?" The two detectives hear the faint voice of John Watson from outside the apartment. "Can you not keep doing this, please?" But the two of them weren't really listening to him.

Sherlock walks over to the fridge and opens it and grabs the milk carton and takes a sniff before doubling over. "Milks gone bad." He explains to Kat who looks alarmed at his sudden reaction.

"We're not the first." Kat tries to yell to John outside, however, John can't hear them with all of the chatter on the streets.

"What?" John yells back through the mail slot.

"Somebody's been in here before us!" Sherlock yells back trying again.

"What are you saying?" But Sherlock doesn't answer because he has become fascinated by the light footprints he has found on the floor.

Holmes pulls out his pocket magnifier. "Size eight feet." He says observing the prints. "Small, but..." He pauses straightening up. "Athletic."

John rings the doorbell again but the detectives don't answer.

"Sherlock, come look at this." Kat says gesturing him over to her. She had walked over to a photograph on a small table and she spotted fingerprints on the glass over a photograph of a little boy and girl. "Small, strong hands." She comments after borrowing Sherlock's pocket magnifier and observing the prints. "Our acrobat." Kat says smiling up at him and he returns but it slowly falls off his face at he realizes something.