Chapter 49

A/N - Hello my lovelies, I hope you had an amazing week. I hope you love this chapter and here is my weekly dedications...

Thank you to @EmmelineGRWeasleu @astridb14 @my_name_kika @tea_and_sherlock @isabelledoespatins @ahtenaismona @Saphire2102 @abb1120 @Alex_Lyra @MeguelineMaraschim @MyCookiemonster95 @TheLastWildAngel @Theoptimistic123 @thrillofbooks @missquinn02 @GillianAqua @Soldatddeiarna @MBG202 @AnnabelleHallowthorn @BlackLazureSea @SenniGirl @mia-jane1024 @noraA7X @Tiger0905 @clarymorgenstern @MissCarlyJ for voting and comment all of your love and support as well as funny comments that always make me laugh.

I especially want to thank@ahtenaismona because I have been talking with you on and off for like a week and it has been so great getting to know one of my most loyal readers. I am always open to talking to my readers and if any of you want to drop my a Wattpad DM I am all for it. Enjoy the chapter my loves.

Love you muchly, Kisses - K

~~~

"You have one new message." The pink phone says in a robotic female voice.

Sherlock presses the message and they hear three short beeps and then a long fourth beep.

"Four pips." John says.

"First test passed, it would seem. Here's the second." Sherlock shows them an image of the front of a car.

Kat, who is too preoccupied by her own message from another unknown number, ignores the pink phone and checks her messages.

'There are different ways people deal with boredom; Some of us solve crimes, some of us create them. I like to play games, Kitty Kat, and I've got you chasing after my feather on a string... or should I say, rope. Enjoy this next puzzle. XOXO'

"It's abandoned, wouldn't you say?" Sherlock says and Kat comes back into the conversation.

"I'll see if it's been reported." Lestrade tells them and he picks up his phone to go ask about the car when Sally Donovan walks into the room.

"Freak," She says looking to Sherlock. "It's for you."

Sally hands him the phone and Kat continues to glare at her. "Bitch." Kat growls and Sally leaves with a little fear in her eyes.

Sherlock smiles a little at Kat before he walks out of the room to answer the phone. "Hello." Kat and John follow him out so they can hear the conversation too.

"It's OK that you've gone to the police." A male voice says over the phone this time.

"Who is this?" Sherlock demands. "Is this you again?"

"But don't rely on them." The man continues as if Sherlock had never spoke. "Clever you. Guessing about Carl Powers. I never liked him. Carl laughed at me, so I stopped him laughing."

"You've stolen another voice, I presume." Sherlock tries again but the man ignores him.

"This is about you and me. And that pretty blonde of yours." With that, Sherlock and John look to Kat who has a surprised look on her face as well. Along with the voice, however, Kat, Sherlock, and John can hear people bustling around as if he was in a very public area.

"Who are you?" Sherlock asks. "What's that noise?"

"It's the sounds of life, Sherlock. But don't worry. I can soon fix that. You solved my last puzzle in nine hours. This time you have eight."

The phone hangs up and John groans. "Great!" He says sarcastically and Kat's not too happy about it either. Not only does, whoever this person is, know who she is, but they've also given them less time to solve this next case.

Greg Lestrade pops his head back into the room. "We've found it."

~~~

After a 20 minute car ride, the detectives arrive at the scene of the crime.

"The car was hired yesterday morning by an Ian Monkford." Lestrade explains when they walk over to the car. The driver's side door was open and there was blood all over the seat. "Banker of some kind. City boy. Paid in cash. Told his wife he was going away on a business trip and he never arrived." Kat and Sherlock continue to look at the car while John stayed back a few feet.

"You're still hanging round him." Sally says to John as she walks up to him.

John looks around a little before he answers. "Yeah, well," He trails off.

"Opposites attract, I s'pose." She muses with a little laugh. "Although that doesn't really apply with Sherlock and Detective Blondie over there. Those who are like one in the same."

"Hey, there's no reason to bring Kat into this-"

"You should get yourself a hobby." Sally says to him but John ignores her and decided to walk away. "Stamps, maybe. Model trains. Safer." She calls after him but he doesn't look back.

"Before you ask, yes, it's Monkford's blood. DNA checks out." Lestrade tells Sherlock and Kat. Sherlock looks around the car before he stops at the glove compartment and pulls out a small business card.

"No body." Kat asks a little confused.

"Not yet." Greg replies.

Sherlock takes his gloves off and begins to walk away and Kat follows. "Get a sample sent to the lab." He calls back to Lestrade but keeps walking to where two policemen have just finished speaking to Ian Monkford's wife. "Oh! Mrs Monkford."

"Yes." The women says tears in her eyes. "Sorry, but I've already spoken with two policemen."

"Uh," Kat's not sure what Sherlock's trying to do, but she decides to play along. "We're not from the police, we're-"

"Sherlock Holmes." Sherlock introduces, cutting of Kat's lie. "and this is my wife Katherine. We're very old friend of your husband's. We, um, me and my wife, the three of us grew up together." Sherlock sniffles a little and a fake tear rolls down his face. Kat musters up a few tears to help corroborate there story.

"I'm sorry, who?" She sniffles. "I don't think he ever mentioned you two."

"Oh, he must have done. This is, this is horrible. I mean, I just can't believe it." Kat says sadly as a tear falls.

Sherlock looks around a little quickly before he speaks again. "I only saw him the other day. Same old Ian. Not a care in the world."

"Sorry," Mrs. Monkford says in a hard voice. "My husband has been depressed for months. Who are you?"

"Really strange that he hired a car. Why would he do that? It's a bit suspicious, isn't it?" Sherlock fishes but Mrs. Monkford doesn't bite.

"No, it isn't. He forgot to renew the tax on the car, that's all."

"Ah, well!" Sherlock laughs lightly. "That was Ian. That was Ian all over."

"No, it wasn't." The widow snaps and Sherlock straightens up.

"Wasn't it?" He replies. "Interesting." With that, Sherlock grabs Kat's hand and they walk away leaving Mrs. Monkford confused.

"What-" Kat is about to ask Sherlock a question when her phone buzzes and she gets another message on her phone. She steps back from Sherlock for a moment to check the message because she doesn't want him to see the message in case it's from the unknown number.

'Ian Monkford; what a naughty, naughty boy. He seems a little "two-faced" to me Kitty Kat, if you know what I mean. He kinda reminds me of Roman mythology, don't you think? XOXO'

"That doesn't make sense. Two-faced?" Kat whispers confused. "Roman mythology?"

~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this chapter and my story and you want to help me write more, please donate to any or all of the links below or you can find them in my BIO! Thank you! Love you muchly, Kisses -K

BuyMeACoffee - buymeacoffee.com/Immortality4646
LiberaPay - https://en.liberapay.com/Immortality4646/
Ko-Fi - https://ko-fi.com/immortality4646