Chapter 12

Small A/N- I decided to update again so soon because of two people in particular. First, and I know it is long overdue, I want to thank @santaclaus_13 for voting on every single on of my chapters. I also want to thank @Mariamjoy911 for commenting on my last chapter. I can't tell you how much it means to me when somebody votes on my work or comments and tell me that they love it. Anyways this chapter is dedicated to you two.

Kisses -K

~~~

"Have you talked to the police?" John asks him as he watches Sherlock walk over and grab his jacket and begin putting it on.

"Four people are dead, there isn't time." Is all he replies as he reaches around the back of the door to gather his things.

"So why are you talking to me?" John exasperatedly.

Sherlock looks over longingly to the place on the mantle where his skull was. "Mrs Hudson took my skull." He replies sadly.

"So I'm basically filling in for your skull?" John asks and then looks over to the blonde next to him. "What about Kat?" He gestures to her while she was also getting her coat on.

"Relax, you're doing fine." Sherlock replied putting his scarf on and, while Kat didn't notice Sherlock avoid answering the question about her, John did. "Well?"

"Well, what?" John replies confused.

"Well you could just sit there and watch telly." He jokes with a scowl and turns his coat collar up.

"You want me to come with you?"

"I like company when I go out and I think better when I talk aloud. The skull just attracts attention, so," He jokes but pauses at seeing the questioning look on John's face. "Problem?" He asks with a smile.

"Yeah, Sergeant Donovan." Kat rolls her eyes.

"What about her?" Sherlock questions rolling his eyes as well his smile disappearing.

"She said you get off on this, you enjoy it." John explains and Sherlock smiles again.

"And I said "dangerous", and here you are." Sherlock gave him a smirk and walked out.

"Damn it!" John groans getting up from his chair and he limps out, Kat following closely behind.

"Where are we going?" John asks after they walk about for a bit. Sherlock is leading the way with Kat next to him and John just slightly behind him and limping as fast as he can.

"Northumberland Street's a five-minute walk from here." Sherlock explains.

"You think he's stupid enough to go there?" Kat asks as they walk the side walk.

"No, I think he's brilliant enough." Sherlock replies excitedly with a smile. "I love the brilliant ones. They're all so desperate to get caught."

"Why?" Kat questions.

"Appreciation! Applause! At long last the spotlight." Sherlock answers dramatically. "That's the frailty of genius, Kat, John; it needs an audience."

"Yeah." John says slightly detached because he can't help but think that this applies to Sherlock as well.

"This is his hunting ground. Right here in the heart of the city." Sherlock looks around turning as he walks. "Now that we know his victims were abducted, that changes everything. Because all of his victims disappeared from busy streets, crowded places, but nobody saw them go."

He continues walking for a little bit then he suddenly jumps agitatedly causing Kat to jump at his sudden outburst. "Think!" He growls putting his hands up to his head. "Who do we trust, even though we don't know them? Who passes unnoticed wherever they go? Who hunts in the middle of a crowd?" He puts his hands together and brings them up to his lips in thought.

"Don't know. Who?" Kat asks.

"Haven't the faintest." Sherlock replies honestly clapping his hands together. "Hungry?" He asks and turns and walks across the street.

"Sure." Kat shrugs and the two of them follow Sherlock across the street and then they walk into a little restaurant.

"Thank you, Billy." Sherlock thanks a man when he leads them to a table.

"22 Northumberland Street. Keep your eyes on it." Sherlock tells us as he takes his coat off and sets it beside them along with his scarf.

"He's not just going to ring the doorbell. He'd need to be mad." John says.

"He has killed four people." Kat jokes.

"Okay."

"Sherlock!" A different man says happily shaking his hand. Sherlock smiles at the long, grey haired, bearded man. "Anything on the menu, whatever you want, free. On the house, for you, your lady friend, and for your date." When the man said 'date' he pointed to John and Kat had to hold back a laugh.

"Do you want to eat?" Sherlock asks them.

"I'm not his date." John tries to defend.

"This man got me off a murder charge." The man replies.

"This is Angelo." Sherlock introduces us. "Three years ago, I proved to Lestrade, at the time of a particularly vicious triple murder, that Angelo was in a different part of town, house-breaking."

"He cleared my name." Angelo tells us.

"I cleared it a bit." Sherlock corrects him with a small sigh. "Anything happening opposite?" Sherlock nods to the window looking across the street.

"Nothing." Angelo replies then turns to us again. "But for this man, I'd have gone to prison."

"You did go to prison." Sherlock corrects him.

"I'll get a candle for the table." Angelo ignores Sherlock's comment and walks off. "It's more romantic."

"I'm not his date!" John tries again and this time Kat doesn't hold back her laugh.

"You two would be very cute together." She whispers in his ear deciding the take the mickey out of the both of them and John ignores her.

"Thanks." John says sarcastically and breathlessly when Angelo gave him a thumbs up after placing the candle down.

"You may as well eat." Sherlock tells them when Angelo walks away after depositing the small candle. "We might have a long wait."

While John wasn't looking, Kat leaned in towards Sherlock. "Should I even ask why he thought John was your date?" Kat asks with a small laugh. "Or should I ask why you didn't correct him?" She adds jokingly and Sherlock turns to her sharply giving her an exasperated look which only causes her to laugh even more.

"I'm only joking." She tells him smiling and Sherlock, realizing his mistake as he thought she was being serious, actually smiled back at the petite blonde.

"I'll pass on the food." Kat says with a hard smile when the man comes to take her order.

"You should really eat." Sherlock tells her.

"So should you." She fires back and Sherlock decides to drop the subject, knowing he wasn't going to win today.

~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this chapter and my story and you want to help me write more, please donate to any or all of the links below or you can find them in my BIO! Thank you! Love you muchly, Kisses -K

BuyMeACoffee - buymeacoffee.com/Immortality4646
LiberaPay - https://en.liberapay.com/Immortality4646/
Ko-Fi - https://ko-fi.com/immortality4646