Chapter 53

A/N - Here's another chapter for you, my lovelies!! And another extra shoutout to @isabelladospatins who already voted in the 10 minutes it took me to set this chapter up to publish. Thank you so much for your support!!

Love you muchly, Kisses -K

~~~

Sherlock and Kat get their supplies which consisted of a camera and a few other cover story props and they took a cab and traveled to Mr. Prince's house where John was working. They knock on the door and they answer immediately.

"Ah, Mr Prince, isn't it?" Sherlock asks as the two of them step inside.

"Yes."

"Very good to meet you." Kat says with a smile as they shake his hand.

Prince nods his head and shakes their hands. "Yes, thank you."

"So sorry to hear about-"

"Yes, yes, very kind." Mr. Prince dismisses Sherlock's apology rather quickly.

"Shall we, er?" Mr. Prince heads into the other room to look at himself in a mirror and Kat, Sherlock, and John stay back to speak for a moment.

"You were right," John whispers. "The bacteria got into her another way."

"Oh, yes?" Sherlock raises his eyebrows.

"Yes."

"Right, are we all set?" Mr. Prince comes in interrupting John,

"Er, yes. Shall we, erm?"

Sherlock takes a few preliminary photographs.

"Er, not too close. I'm raw from crying." Prince demands slightly.

Sherlock continues to take some photos when a cat brushes up against his legs. "Oh, who's this?"

"Sekhmet." Prince explains. "Named after the Egyptian goddess."

"How nice." Kat says bending down to pet her. "Was she Connie's?"

"Yes, a little present from yours truly." Mr. Prince says proudly and he picks up the cat for the pictures.

Sherlock then begins taking "photographs" but he is actually just flashing the camera light to distract Prince from seeing what he is really taking pictures of.

"Sherlock, light reading?"

"Oh, er, Bloody hell! What are you playing at?" Prince exclaims as he tries to cover his eyes.

"Sorry!" Kat apologizes as she flashes the light at him again.

"You're like Laurel and bloody Hardy, you two!" Prince snaps at Sherlock and Kat. "What's going on?"

"Actually, you two, I think we've got what we came for. Excuse us." John says suddenly and they begin gathering their things and heading out.

"What?" Prince exclaims incredulously.

"Sherlock." John gestures.

"What?" Prince demands again.

"We've got deadlines."

"But you've not taken anything!"

The three of them ignore Mr. Prince and leave the house. "Yes! Ooh, yes!" John jumps up and down happily.

Sherlock smiles and laughs a little. "You think it was the cat. It wasn't the cat."

"What? Yes. Yeah, it is." John sputters. "It must be. It's how he got the tetanus into her system. Its paws stink of disinfectant."