Chapter 14

I know I haven't updated in a while so I'm giving you a double update to make up for lost time and for all of those people I mentioned in my previous post

(For those that skipped over it let me save you the trouble of going back.....
This chapter is dedicated to @Hope_of_the_darkness @annagamergirl9
And especially @Void-Loki for all of their votes on my chapters and @Void-Loki for her sweet message to me that made my day. I also want to thank all of you who put my book in your reading lists I would love to name you all but I think you want to get on with the chapter. Trust me though every single vote and comment and add to a reading list is important and very special to me and it means a lot when you do it.)

I hope you enjoy reading the chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it for you!!

Kisses -K

~~~

"Police! Open her up." Sherlock calls out and Kat decides to flash her badge as well.

As soon as Sherlock opens the door, however, he groans. "No. Teeth, tan." He says looking at the passenger. "What, Californian? LA, Santa Monica. Just arrived."

"How could you possibly know that?" John asks incredulously.

"The luggage." Sherlock replies breathlessly. "First trip to London, right?" He asks the passenger. "Going by your final destination and the route the cabbie was taking you."

"Sorry, are you guys the police?" The man asks with an American accent.

"Yeah. Everything all right?" Kat asks showing him her badge.

"Yeah." He replies still confused.

Sherlock smiles at the man. "Welcome to London." He says and then walks away Kat going with him.

"Er, any problems, just let us know." John tells the Californian closing his cab door and walking back over to Sherlock and Kat. "Basically just a cab that happened to slow down."

"Basically." Sherlock replies still panting from their run."Not the murderer." Kat pointed out.

"Not the murderer, no." The consulting detective agrees.

"Wrong country, good alibi." John sighs.

"As they go."

"Hey, where did you get this?" Kat asks grabbing the badge out of his hand. "Detective Inspector Lestrade?" She reads out.

"Yeah. I pick-pocket him when he's annoying." He defends himself.

"You can keep that one, I've got plenty at the flat." He tells John tossing it to him and Kat and John start laughing. "What?"

"Nothing, just 'Welcome to London.' " Kat says in between laughs and Sherlock joins in with them.

They look at the cabbie passenger that got out of the cab and if now talking to a real cop. "Got your breath back?" Sherlock asks them with a smile.

Kat and John smile back at him. "Ready when you are."

~~~

"That was ridiculous." Kat laughs between her pants as the three of them lean against the wall of their flat in 221B Baker Street after they hug up their coats.

"That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever done." John agrees laughing as well.

"And you invaded Afghanistan." Sherlock points out jokingly and they all start laughing again.

"That wasn't just me." John, still panting, tries to defend himself. "Why aren't we back at the restaurant?"

"They can keep an eye out." Sherlock pants dismissing it with the wave of his hand. "It was a long shot anyway."