Chapter 30

A/N - Hey guys, sorry this chapter is a day late but the whole chapter got deleted so I had to find a way to restore it (which, thankfully I did or it would have been at least another week before you got another chapter). Sorry about the delay.

Now on to my weekly dedications:

Thank you to @MyCookiemonster95 @SallyDonovan @BlackLazureSea @MeguelineMaraschim @Overaddictereader @AuroraDeLuca804@StarConstant13 @FANDOM_GEEK_13 @Beckieq1988 @BlueWolfJade @goldenkitsune98 and especially @FoxGamer9 for spamming me with comments and votes!! I'd look at my phone after work and I'd have like 30+ notifications from you guys and it makes my day!!

Much Love and Kisses - K

~~~

Watson still looks very confused. "Where are we headed?"

"I need to ask some advice."

"What?! Sorry?!" Kat asks him with a smile as she tries to get Sherlock to repeat himself.

Holmes turns to giver her a smile. "You heard me perfectly. I'm not saying it again." Kat laughs and nods her head in defeat.

"You need advice?" Watson clarifies.

"On painting, yes. I need to talk to an expert."

Sherlock then leads them back and around some buildings until they come across a young man, probably in his early to mid twenties spray painting a wall.

"Part of a new exhibition." The man says when the three of them walk up to him.

Holmes looks it over. "Interesting." He comments simply.

The man chuckles. "I call it Urban Bloodlust Frenzy." He laughs again.

"Catchy!" John replies sarcastically.

"I've got two minutes before a Community Support Officer comes round that corner." The man, who Kat later learns is named Raz, says while he finishes up his painting. "Can we do this while I'm workin'?"

Holmes pulls up the picture of the cipher on his phone and shows it to Raz. Raz tosses one of the cans of paint he was holding to John, who catches it easily, and he takes the phone from Sherlock. "Know the author?" He asks.

Raz looks at the picture closely. "Recognize the paint." He replies. "It's like Michigan; hardcore propellant. I'd say zinc."

"What about the symbols: d'you recognise them?" Kat asks.

"Not even sure it's a proper language." Raz answers her not being very helpful.

"Two men have been murdered, Raz. Deciphering this is the key to finding out who killed them." Sherlock implores.

Raz chuckles lightly. "What, and this is all you've got to go on? It's hardly much, now, is it?" He says and Kat feels that this is the time she should step in.

"How about this," She starts and pulls out her badge. "You are putting paint on a public building in front of a Scotland Yard officer. Now, because you're young, a vandalism charge is likely to be about a 30 month sentence." With this Raz visibly pales. "But I'm willing to, say, forget I saw you here if you do us this favor."

Holmes smiles over at Kat proudly. "Are you gonna help us or not?"

"I'll ask around." Raz nods his head eager to not get arrested. Kat believes that Raz would have helped them anyways because he didn't seem like a bad dude but she figured they might get their answers quicker if she put something valuable on the line: like his freedom.