Chapter 60

A/N - Here it is guys... the final chapter! I hope you guys have enjoyed reading this book as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Apologies that it is a day late, but it was Mother's Day on Sunday and I spent the whole day with my family. That, and I have been working really hard to give you guys a special treat. For those of you who don't follow me and haven't gotten the notification already... Book 2, Curiosity Killed The Kat is officially published and I promise you guys are in for a special treat.

Now onto my weekly dedications

Thank you to @MiniMary202 @CaptainMarvel0705 @nerd_princess13 @mia-jane1024 @MeguelineMaraschim @Vincey_Princey @MyCookiemonster95 @b3y0u123_life @SenniGirl @Ink_demon66 @Theoptimistic123 @kandykanekittykat @Celerity-c @astridb14 @ahtenaismona @fuzzywuzzy406 @EmmelineGRWeasley @Chloe0Z @tea_and_sherlock @Jex0304 @GillianAqua @FantasyWriter345 @Lights212 @isabelledospatins @kris_ty_na @TheWalkingDead1463 @hello78234 @harmony7280 @Dalyisa @Impath13 all of your continuous support means so much to me!!

P.S. Guys some time this past week I broke 60K reads on my book... HOLY SHIT!! I feel that this is extra special because I have posted my 60th chapter and now I have 60K reads on my book so that you guys so much for reading and sticking with me throughout my occasionally irregular schedule.

Love you muchly, Kisses - K

~~~

"This is a turn-up, isn't it, Sherlock?" John says in a monotone voice.

Sherlock looks over to his friend confused and walks towards him a little. "John! What the hell?"

"Bet you never saw this coming." The good doctor says and when he does next surprised Sherlock, he opens the coat to revel that he has a bomb strapped to his chest with a little red dot from a sniper hovering over the bomb. "What would you like me to make him say next? Gottle o' gear, gottle o' gear, gottle o' gear." Sherlock realizes that John is repeating what he's being told through a hidden headset.

"Stop it." Holmes demands angrily as he walks forward more, circling around himself and looking for anybody else in the room.

"Nice touch, this." John continues talking again. "The pool, where little Carl died. I stopped him. I can stop John Watson, too. Stop his heart." Sherlock can hear John's voice catch at that last phrase and Sherlock's own heart speeds up a little. All he can think of is how relieved he is that Kat isn't here right now.

"Who are you?"

A door suddenly opens from the other end of the pool. "I gave you my number." A funny little voice says, but his face is still hidden behind a wall. "I thought you might call." With that, he walks around the corner and reveals himself and Sherlock notices that he's holding a chain that leads off around the corner. "Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?" The quirky man jokes.

Sherlock internally rolls his eyes, but pulls Kat's gun out nonetheless. "Both."

"Jim Moriarty." He introduces himself. "Hi. Jim? Jim from the hospital? Oh, did I really make such a fleeting impression? But then, I suppose, that was rather the point." The man tells Sherlock in a funny voice. "Come on out, pet." Moriarty demands as he tugs on a chain and someone attached to that chain walks around the corner: Kat. The blonde detective was dressed in shorts and one of Sherlock shirts and had a collar around her neck that was attached to the chain Moriarty was holding. He even forced her to wear a pair of cat ears on her head.

Sherlock is frozen in his place, his mouth is open but no words are coming out. "What," Moriarty mocks Sherlock's disoriented state. "Kat got your tongue?"

"Katherine." Sherlock finally says as he tries to step forward but stops as soon as he sees a red dot appear on her chest too.

"Sherlock." Kat breathes out and he can see the quiet stream of tears falling down her face.