Chapter 22

~~~

John sits down in his chair and loops at the bills that have piled up on his little table. Kat just quietly sits next to Sherlock at he thinks about what he's going to do next.

"Oh." Watson groans looking at the bills. "Need to get a job."

"Oh, dull." Sherlock replies.

"Hey, I have a job." Kat protests looking over to Sherlock.

"Yes and you're job involves following me around and being my 'legal watcher and Scotland Yard liaison.' A pretty good job in my opinion. Lestrade just jumped on it when he found out we were roommates." Sherlock tells her with a smug knowing look on his face.

"What-" Kat shudders out not knowing what to say. After their run in with the cabbie, Lestrade told Kat that her new job at Scotland Yard was to watch over Sherlock, and help him with the legal side of his cases, and then report (discreetly) back to him. "How-how did you-"

"Oh please, I'm a detective, it's my job to detect."

"Are you mad I didn't tell you?" Kat asks feeling really guilty.

Sherlock looks over to her and gives her a genuine smile. "Nope. I actually quite enjoy your company and plus I'm sure you enjoy having the time off when I'm not on a case." Sherlock tells her honestly. "That and now Lestrade can blame you if anything goes wrong." He jokes with a small laugh.

Kat nudges him and rolls her eyes with a smile on her face. "Ha ha, very funny." The blonde detective laughs dryly. "But, for the record, if anything does go wrong, you will wish that Lestrade was you're problem instead of me." She says with a straight face but then smiles innocently at the end for effect.

Sherlock, slightly nervous but very intrigued by this women, gives her a look that tells her both. Little did he know that Kat was thinking the exact same thing.

"Sherlock, are you listening?" Watson says cutting into their conversation and getting annoyed with the fact that they were ignoring him.

"I need to go to the bank." Sherlock says suddenly and gets up dragging Kat with him, grabbing his and her coats on the way. John, really confused, grabs his jacket and follows after them.

~~~

After a realatively far taxi drive where Sherlock, John, and Kat didn't say a word, they arrived at this very expensive looking bank.

"Yes, when you said we were going to the bank..." Watson starts confused but never finishes as they walk through the roundabout glass doors. While they were going up the escalator, Kat could see Sherlock moving his eyes over everything at he takes in as much information about this building as possible.

"Sherlock Holmes." He says to the lady the front desk. The lady types a few things into her computer and then leads then into a room with 2 computers and a big tv screen on the wall.

After a few minutes and arrogant looking man walks into the room. "Sherlock Holmes." He says with a smile on his face.

"Sebastian." Holmes replies shaking his hand.

"Howdy, buddy. How long's it been? Eight years since I last clapped eyes on you?" The man, Sebastian, ask him with a friendly smile on his face.

"This is my friend, John Watson." Sherlock replies and they both turn to John.

"Friend?" Sebastian replies surprised.

"Colleague." Watson corrects and Kat grinds her teeth at the obviously knowing look on Sebastian's face. Kat's not sure why, but every time somebody is mean or rude to Sherlock, she gets really angry.

"Right."

"And I'm another one of Sherlock's friends," Kat says emphasizing the 'friend' part, for Sebastian's benefit.

"Pretty little thing aren't you?" Sebastian says objectively with a smirk and nudging Sherlock arm. "You got yourself a good one here. What's your name, beautiful?"

Kat smiles dryly. "Oh I'm sorry, did I forget to mention my name?" She laughs without humor. "Detective Inspector Katherine Moore. From Scotland Yard." She adds and smiles again showing him her badge. She holds out her hand, only as a courtesy, to shake his.

Sebastian gulps, a little embarrassed and nervous but trying to hide it, and grabs her hand and shakes it lightly.

"Well, grab a pew. D'you need anything? Coffee, water?" Sebastian says tying to change the subject and leads them into three chairs on the opposite side of his desk.

"No."

"No? We're all sorted here, thanks." Sebastian says dismissing his assistant.

"So, you're doing well. You've been abroad a lot." Sherlock starts and Kat covers her laugh with a cough.

"Well, some."

"Flying all the way round the world twice in a month?"

"Right. You're doing that thing." Sebastian laughs and then turns to Kat and John. "We were at Uni together. This guy here had a trick he used to do."

"It's not a trick."

"He could look at you and tell you your whole life story." He continues talking as if Sherlock never spoke.

"Yes, I've seen him do it." Watson replies.

"Put the wind up everybody. We hated him." Kat, trying to compose herself, digs her nails into the palm of her hands. She gives a brief look to Sherlock and sees the slightly hurt look in his eyes. "You'd come down to breakfast in the Formal Hall and this freak would know you'd been shagging the previous night."

"I simply observed." He answered nonchalantly trying to compose himself.

Sebastian smiles excitedly. "Go on, enlighten me. Two trips a month, flying all the way around the world, you're quite right. How could you tell?" Sherlock opens his mouth to reply when Sebastian cuts him off again. "You're gonna tell me there was, um, a stain on my tie from some special kind of ketchup you can only buy in Manhattan." He laughs.

Holmes tries again; "No, I..."

"Maybe it was the mud on my shoes!"

"Actually," Kat cuts him off. "We were just chatting with your secretary outside. She told us."

Sebastian laughs and points a knowing finger at Sherlock totally believing the lie. "I'm glad you could make it over. We've had a break-in."

~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this chapter and my story and you want to help me write more, please donate to any or all of the links below or you can find them in my BIO! Thank you! Love you muchly, Kisses -K

BuyMeACoffee - buymeacoffee.com/Immortality4646
LiberaPay - https://en.liberapay.com/Immortality4646/
Ko-Fi - https://ko-fi.com/immortality4646