Chapter 43

Update: Hey guys I'm so sorry but apparently when I (thought I) posted the chapter yesterday (or 2 days ago because it is 12:30 AM where I am right now so that means it is Tuesday... I should probably go to sleep lol) the chapter didn't actually post. *rolls eyes* Don't you just love it when that happens? Anyways, I'm so sorry, but, for the record, I did have the chapter done by Sunday so yay me *smiles proudly.* Love you muchly, Kisses - K

A/N - Hello my lovelies!!! I'm updating on time this week yayyy!!!!! I want to continue to thank you all for all of your continuous support. I noticed that my reads (on average) go up 1k every week!!! Ahhhhhhh that is so amazing and holy crap, just thank you guys so much!!!!

Now, onto my weekly dedications...

@mia-jane1024 @ahtenaismona @MBG202 @CaptainMarvel0705 @Hufflefluff895 @Theoptimistic123 @MeguelineMaraschim @daniel343388 @astribd14 @AuroraDeLuca804 @FanFictionGirl19981 @VMCastleRock @isabelledospatins @Alayna1451 @Weird1000 @0Klaroline0 @SenniGirl @Gozdealpcetin Thank you guys so much for all of your votes and comments every week!!!!!

and EXTRA LOVE to these two @tea_and_sherlock and @Alex_Lyra for all of the love they give me every week!!!!!!! Kisses to all!!!!

Love you muchly, Kisses - K

~~~

Sherlock, Kat, and John, after receiving the phone call from Lestrade, leave their flat and grab a taxi. The car ride is slightly uncomfortable until Sherlock breaks the silence.

"I'm sorry my brother invaded into your personal life." He tells Kat lightly after noticing her fidget with her nails. Sherlock discovered that, at least the whole time he knew the blonde detective, she picked at her perfect nails every time something was on her mind and bothering her. "I've always hated his "ability" to do that."

"Thanks." Kat replies smiling at him lightly. "It just sucks because I've spent my whole life trying to forget my past and I feel like Mycroft is trying to make it so I can't." She tells him honestly. "Forget it, that is. And what is it to him how my life was growing up? Why should he care? I mean, it's not like my past is going to try and hurt you or him or anything."

"Imaging growing up with him." Sherlock says as he nods his head agreeing with her.

"Hellish, I imaging." Kat replies mocking Mycroft's comment from earlier and John and Sherlock laugh.

"Kat," John starts. "If you don't mind me asking, what is so bad about your past anyways?"

Kat takes a deep breath, not because she is angry with John, but because she doesn't know how to answer.

"Everything." She finally answers and they arrive at Scotland Yard. "Sometime I'll tell you all about it."

"Ah, there you are, haven't seen you in a while." Lestrade says as they walk into the station. "I hope you guys are alright."

"No blood, no bruise." Kat replies with a smile and Lestrade eyes the sling her arm is in. "Oh yeah, I fell in the shower, but don't worry I, uh, had some help." Kat replies looking over to Sherlock a little. "Plus I've got a pretty good doctor." With that, Kat nudges John a little to give him some credit too.

"You go on vacation and all hell breaks lose." Greg jokes and Kat laughs lightly. "Well, onto the business at hand. You like the funny cases, don't you?" Lestrade asks turning to Sherlock. "The surprising ones."

Sherlock rolls his eyes. "Obviously."

Lestrade starts to lead them to him office. "You'll love this. That explosion."

Sherlock cuts in. "Gas leak, yes?"

"No."

"No?" Kat questions confused.