Chapter 45

A/N - Here's another chapter for you, my lovelies!! This chapter is dedicated to... @MyCookiemonster95  @Gozdealpcetin  @ MBG202 @ahtenaismona @_ohheyisabella_ @missquinn02 @Theoptimistic123 @AnnabelleHallowthorn @MeguelineMaraschim @mia-jane1024 @Alex_Lyra @BitterSweetG @VMCastleRock @astridb14 @isabelldospatins @GillianAqua @marvelshoney @SenniGirl @BlackLazureSea @tea_and_sherlock @LilianaMizu @CheyenneMurray2

Thank you all for your votes and comments and continuous support!!!

Love you muchly, Kisses -K

~~~

"So, who do you suppose it was?" John asks after he arrives at Bart's. Sherlock was looking into a microscope and Kat was next to him writing down notes and equations in a notebook. Actually she wasn't so much working on the case as she was secretly doodling Sherlock's name in her notebook.

Sherlock doesn't look up from his work. "Hmm?"

"Woman on the phone," John explains. "The crying woman."

"Oh, she doesn't matter, she's just a hostage. No lead there." The curly haired detective dismisses quickly and Kat finally looks up.

John stills. "For God's sake, I wasn't thinking about leads."

"You're not going to be much use to her." Sherlock says rolling his eyes.

"Are they trying to trace it," John asks turning to Kat. "Trace the call?"

Kat sighs sadly. "Yeah, I checked on that personally, the bomber's too smart for that."

John continues to pace the room when Sherlock's phone buzzes suddenly.

"Pass me my phone, please." Sherlock asks Kat still not looking up.

"Where is it?" Kat asks getting up from her chair and closing her book so no one could see what she wrote.

"Jacket."

Kat pauses for a moment and then reaches into Sherlock's jacket to find his phone. His breath catches a little when her hand brushes up against his chest but goes back to normal as soon as she pulls out his phone.

"Text from your brother." Kat says reading the screen on his phone.

Sherlock doesn't even look up. "Delete it." He says.

"Okay," Kat says and goes to delete it when John snatches the phone from her hands.

John looks over at Sherlock and Kat incredulously. "You weren't actually going to delete it were you?"

"Of course I was." Kat answers as if it was obvious. "That's what Sherlock asked me to do."

"Missile plans are out of the country now. Nothing we can do about it." The curly haired detective tells John simply.

"Well, Mycroft thinks there is. He's texted you eight times. Must be important." John reads off of Sherlock's phone. "Any progress on Andrew West's death? He says."

"Ugh, if it was so important then why didn't he cancel his dental appointment?" Sherlock answers and Kat has to hold back a laugh.

"His what?"

Sherlock smiles lightly at Kat's reaction. "Mycroft never texts if he can talk." The detective looks up and rolls his eyes slightly at John's behavior. "Look, Andrew West stole the missile plans, tried to sell them, got his head smashed in for his pains, end of story. The only mystery is this: why's my brother so determined to bore me when somebody else is being so delightfully interesting?"

John looks at Sherlock despairingly who has gone back to his microscope. "Try and remember there's a woman who might die."

Sherlock shrugs his shoulders. "What for?" Sherlock looks over to John. "There's hospitals full of people dying, Doctor. Why don't you go and cry by their bedside and see what good it does them?"

John grunts and suddenly Sherlock's computer went off. "Ah!" Sherlock exclaims excitedly.

Suddenly there's a knock on the door and Molly Hooper walks in. "Any luck?" She says with a flirtatious smile toward Sherlock who doesn't even give her a second glance.

"Oh, yes!" Sherlock replies enthusiastically.

Molly is about to say something when suddenly she's interrupted by a door opening and a very well kept man walks inside. "Oh, sorry. I didn't-" the man starts but Molly cuts him off.

"Jim, hi! Come in! Come in!" Molly gets really excited and gestures for the man Jim to come inside. "Jim, this is Sherlock Holmes." She introduces.

Jim smiles. "Ah." Kat notices that this man seems to look at Sherlock the same way Molly looks at him. Kat gets this weird feeling of possession over Sherlock which causes her to move closer to him so that they are practically touching.

"Katherine Moore," Molly continues to introduce as she points to the blonde.

"Kat." Kat corrects. Kat only likes to be called Katherine by one person... and he is sitting next to her looking through his microscope.

"Sorry, Kat," Molly apologizes. "And, er Sorry." She says to John.

"John Watson." The good doctor fills in for her.

"Hi." Jim says still not looking away from Sherlock

"Hi."

"So, you're Sherlock Holmes." Jim says excitedly. "Molly's told me all about you. You on one of your cases?"

"Jim works in IT, upstairs. That's how we met. Office romance." Molly says excitedly.

Sherlock looks up from his microscope for a millisecond before he speaks. "Gay." He says.

Molly smile falls off her face. "Sorry, what?"

"Nothing. Um, hey." Sherlock backtracks.

"Hi." Jim says walking forward a little before he runs into the table and knocks a dish on the floor. "Sorry. Sorry!" He apologizes. "Well, I'd better be off. I'll see you at the Fox." He says to Molly. "About sixish?"

"Yeah." Molly confirms.

Molly waves. "Bye."

"Bye." Jim waves back and then he turns to Sherlock who isn't looking at him. "It was nice to meet you."

It is super silent when John finally speaks up. "You too."

As soon as Jim leaves Molly turns to Sherlock. "What do you mean, gay? We're together."

Sherlock gives her a tight lipped smile. "And domestic bliss must suit you, Molly. You've put on three pounds since I last saw you."

"Two-and-a-half."

"No, three."

"Sherlock." Kat warns lightly.

"He's not gay! Why do you have to spoil? He's not!" Molly splutters out angry.

Sherlock scoffs. "With that level of personal grooming?"

"Because he puts a bit of product in his hair? I put product in my hair."

"You wash your hair, there's a difference. No, no, tinted eyelashes, clear signs of taurine cream around the frown lines. Those tired, clubber's eyes. Then there's his underwear."

"His underwear?" John exclaims.

"Visible above the waistline." Sherlock explains. "Very visible. Very particular brand. Plus the extremely suggestive fact that he just left his number under this dish." Sherlock lifts up the dish and pulls out a piece of paper that Jim left that had his number on it. Kat's mouth falls open in surprise at Jim's audacity of sneaking Sherlock him number with Molly in the room. "I'd say you'd better break it off now and save yourself the pain."

Molly stands there embarrassed and angry for a second when she suddenly rushes out of the room without even a goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this chapter and my story and you want to help me write more, please donate to any or all of the links below or you can find them in my BIO! Thank you! Love you muchly, Kisses -K

BuyMeACoffee - buymeacoffee.com/Immortality4646
LiberaPay - https://en.liberapay.com/Immortality4646/
Ko-Fi - https://ko-fi.com/immortality4646