Chapter 23

A/N- A small little note just to thank everybody who has voted and commented and shown my their support on my book @WhatLight @Annagamergirl9 @SallyDonovan @MyCookiemonster95 @MeguelineMaraschim @JazzySalter31 @Narah524 @PrincessDevil1413@HelloMyHeartIsDead @The666 @Beckieq1988 @Sommer0813 @erickasmith17 Much Love to you all!! I hope you enjoy a double update today and some Sherlock and Kat fluff!!

Kisses -K

~~~

"Sir William's office," Sebastian says after he leads the three detectives there. "The bank's former Chairman. The room's been left here like a sort of memorial. Someone broke in late last night."

Watson speaks up eager to get his started. "What did they steal?" He asks.

"Nothing. Just left a little message." They walked into his room and see a portrait of Sir William with yellow paint in a squiggle like pattern on it with a straight stripe sprayed vertically across his eyes. The three of them observed the graffiti for a moment before they turned back to Sebastian to see if there was anything else.

Sebastian nods his head in acknowledgement and then scans them into the surveillance room. The four of them crowd aground the computer and proceed to watch the images that Sebastian pulls up for them. "Sixty seconds apart." And show then the before and after images. "So, someone came up here in the middle of the night, splashed paint around, then left within a minute."

"How many ways into that office?" Kat ask a little confused.

"Well, that's where this gets really interesting." Sebastian says turning to Sherlock, Kat, and John. "Every door that opens in this bank," He pauses while he pulls up the screen. "It gets logged right here. Every walk-in cupboard, every toilet." Sebastian points to the log sheet as its currently tracking all of the opening doors.

Kat nods her head understandingly. "That door didn't open last night." She states realizing the problem.

"There's a hole in our security." Sebastian says putting his hands in his pockets and leaning back from the monitors. "Find it and we'll pay you," With this Sherlock rolls his eyes and Kat has to hold back a laugh at his reaction. "Five figures." Sebastian pulls out a check from his pocket. "This is an advance. Tell me how he got in, there's a bigger one on its way."

"I don't need an incentive, Sebastian." Sherlock all but spits his name. With that, Sherlock grabs Kat's arm and pivots, leading her out of the office, and he walks back into the 'crime scene' and uses his phone to photograph all of the symbols the intruder left behind. The two of them stand there looking around the room trying to figure out how somebody could have come and gone in less than 60 seconds and not opened the door. The graffiti images float around in Sherlock's head along with other symbols as he tries to figure out what the message means.

"It doesn't make sense," Kat muses confused and still looking around the room. She was also thinking of all the symbols she knew, however the images weren't floating around her vision like Sherlock's were. "How did they do it?" She speaks out loud.

"I'm not sure." Sherlock replies slowly as he walks over to the window and opens the door. He steps outside, Kat following closely behind, and he looks around at the beautiful view of London presented before them.

"It's so beautiful." Kat breaths out in awe and looks down. "And high." She adds tightly and stepping back slightly as she sees how high up they are from the ground.

"Scared of heights Miss Moore?" Sherlock jokes lightly, turning to give her a smile.

"Everyone is afraid of something, Mr. Holmes." Kat replies, returning his smile. She takes a small step closer to him. "What are you afraid of?" She questions turning her head slightly to the left.

He pauses thinking for a moment. "Nothing." He replies simply.

"Really? Nothing?" Kat asks him incredulously.

"Yep!" He replies with a knowing smile. "But if I ever get one, you'll be the first to know."

"Well I'd be honored, Mr. Holmes." Kat says turning her already British accent to a very posh British accent. Kat knows that Sherlock is hiding something but she chooses not to push him for it because she feels that he'll come to her in time.

After the two of them come back inside the office, Sherlock continues his investigation as he walks around the office peeking around pillars, popping his head up and down in different places which confused Kat very much. She looks around as well and attempts to figure out what he's trying to figure out but she gives up.

"Sherlock, what on God's green Earth are you doing?" She asks him with a laugh as he peaks out from behind another pillar.

"Pillars." Is all he says so Kat, trying to figure out what he meant by 'pillars,' observes what he's doing closer and realized that he's trying to figure out where he can and can't see the message from. Eventually he finds the correct room and he and Kat check the name on the door label.

"Eddie Van Coon." Kat reads out loud. "Hong Kong. Nice." She adds. With that, Sherlock grabs Van Coon's little name tag and then grabs Kat's arm, again, and then drags her to the exit.

After they had put a good distance between the building and themselves, Kat turns to Sherlock while they wait for John. "Sherlock, about what Sebastian said in there, you know, don't listen to anything that pig says, right?" She looks him in the eyes to make sure he understood what she was talking about. "Everybody doesn't hate you, okay? And hey," Sherlock had turned his head away trying to conceal his emotions from her, but Kat grabbed his face lightly and turned it back to hers. "No matter what John says, you are friends. You're my friend too." She adds but has to hold back a bitter look on her face from how sour her mouth felt from calling him her 'friend.'

Unbenounced to Sherlock, and even though they have only known each other for a few weeks, Kat didn't want Sherlock to be her 'friend,' she wanted him to be something more. But she had no idea if he felt the same about her or anybody else for that matter. By now, Kat had gathered that maybe Sherlock wasn't too into relationships or anything of the sort.

After Kat finishes talking the two of them just stare at each other sweetly and slowly lean in without even realizing it.

~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this chapter and my story and you want to help me write more, please donate to any or all of the links below or you can find them in my BIO! Thank you! Love you muchly, Kisses -K

BuyMeACoffee - buymeacoffee.com/Immortality4646
LiberaPay - https://en.liberapay.com/Immortality4646/
Ko-Fi - https://ko-fi.com/immortality4646