Chapter 2 - the power of a stranger

I kept staring at him, watching the life leave his eyes. Dead. "I'll say it one more time. Let them go, and you won't have to die." More silence. Captain America broke the silence : "who are you?" The cop behind him pressed his gun harder against his neck. "Zip it, Cap'," his tone was cold. "We ask the questions here. Who are you?" He repeated the Captains question. "I'm above your clearance, private, now stand down." I practically yelled that last part. My voice echoed down the tunnels.

It was a stand off, with three sides : me, the super heroes, and the cops. I could tell one of them was losing patience, and for once it wasn't me. "I'm going to give you to the count of three before we open fire, little lady!" Ugh, the last thing I wanted to happen here was another fight. But they really left me no choice. "One..." One of the cops behind a car door started to count. "Two..." I sighed again. "Three." I whisper to myself before that coward could finish. I sprung into action. Each shot landing perfectly in place. 'One...two...three...' I count to myself. My record was 38 solo kills, and I knew there were at least 40 people here that I was willing to shoot. I managed to free Cap, Panther and Falcon before the others could react. I gave cap the 'are you going to help or what?' Look as I took down two of the guys holding Bucky to the floor, letting him deal with the last guy. Just like that we were fighting like we had known each other forever. Steve sprinted towards a group of four guys, all too paralysed to move, knocking them down like bowling pins. Bucky threw the last guy off his back (literally) into another small group of police men. By this time, Black Panther had fled the scene, I guess because he didn't want any more proof that he had been there.

Falcon had also left. That reason I do not know, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it had something to do with the fact that his suit was broken from the cops searching him. I, on the other hand, knew just what to do. Quickly aiming at a cars engine, I shot an explosive diamond straight through the centre of it. Boom. Man, how I love the beauty of explosions. I took out eight guys as least. Someone grabbed me from behind, similar to a bear hug, but he had trapped my arms behind my back. He was strong, but not strong enough. I stomped on his foot, his grip losening, allowing me to do a full 180, and kick him in the balls. He doubled over in pain, and I kneed him in the face, pushing him over in the process. 'Fourteen.' I'm still keeping a mental note, keeps me sane. I look over and my other two fight-buddies are in need of help. They were double teaming a group of five cops trying their best, but the didn't notice a much bulkier man taking aim with a large gun a couple of meters behind them.

°•----------------------------------------------------•°