chapter 25 - where's the fight

I ran out of the room quickly, not wanting to admit defeat for the second time that night. I approached the door, took a deep breath to calm myself and opened the door. There in front of me stood T'Challa, Shuri, Okoye and a couple of other people from other tribes.

"Is everything ok?" I asked Shuri puzzled, then I began to panic. Have we been discovered? Do we have to be re-located? "Everything is fine, Hannah. We just need to borrow both of yours and Bucky's strength one more time." T'Challa spoke calmly. Almost on que, Bucky immerged from the house and at the door, casually slipping his arm around my waist.

"Is everything ok?" He asked, almost as puzzled as me. This time T'Challa didn't speak, he just nodded at two of the men standing behind him, both were holding a case.

The first man walked up to one of the two tables outside and put placed it down. He swiftly unclipped the locks and opened it to reveal a black and gold vibranium arm. Bucky slowly walked towards the arm.

The other man placed the second case on the other table. He again unclipped the locks and opened it. This time revealing a slick silver vibranium dress. The skirt would reach to about knee length on me, and the arms and legs were protected by vibranium chain mail. I walked over to the case, examining its content.

I brushed my hand over the soft fabric of the outfit, not being able to take my eyes off of the elegance yet strength of the dress.

"Why are you giving us these?" I asked Shuri, to which she just looked at me, her eves full of fear and sorrow. "S-Shuri what's wrong?" I walked up to her, putting my hand on arm. She just looked away. "I think you know." T'Challa said.

"Where's the fight." Bucky said out if no where, I looked over to him in shock. I didn't want to admit it, but he was right. The only reason the king of Wakanda would give me and Bucky these things is because they need help with a fight. I sighed. "On its way." T'Challa replied. "We need to brief you on the situation. Please come with us."

T'Challa began to walk away, with the two men closing and collecting the cases to take back with us to the lab. I looked at Bucky, and my heart ripped in two. His eyes were glazed over, and he looked at the ground, defeated. "I guess now we know why they kept me around." He said in a deadpan tone and he started to walk away, slightly dragging his feet. "B-bucky no-"
"It doesn't matter, doll." He snapped over his shoulder, and quickened his pace. My heart ripped again and again with every step he took away from me. Tears welled up in my eyes, but I pushed them back, deep into my soul. The last thing I need is for emotion to affect my mission.

I would not admit defeat for the second time.

°•----------------------------------------------------•°
Oooh what's gonna happen??
❤❤