Chapter 22 - new power

As Bucky's hand approached one of my braids, it's like it came to life. It whipped towards his wrist and coiled itself around it like a snake, and it began to grow, constantly wrapping around his arm. "H-hey, what the hell?" He tried shaking it off, but it's grip just tightened. "Knock it off!" His voice started to raise in volume, and I began to panic. "I-Im sorry! I don't know what's happening.." Bucky couldn't do anything, if he had his other arm, it would have be easy for him to just reach over and pull of my hair, but that wasn't an option.

I heard a noise come from outside. Music? I whipped my head round to face away from Bucky, and with it came my hair, retracting back to its original length. "Sorry..." I mumbled. " I'm not quite sure how i did that, or how to control it.."
"No problem..." an air of caution was in his voice, but also worry. "Should we go check outside?" I suggested. "I wanna know where we are exactly."
"Agreed, not to mention what the hell happened to our hair." He chuckled slightly and started to walk out of the 'door' with me closely behind.

The site that met our eyes was astounding. A beautiful sunset flooded my vision, and a still lake reflected the vibrant reds, purples, oranges and yellows that covered the sky. Children ran in and out of other small huts on the land. Bucky was in just as much shock and awe as I was. We both kept walking to the edge of the lake, where a figure stood who was also admiring the sunset. To my surprise, it was T'Challa's younger sister Shuri. "Good morning sergeant Barnes and miss Hannah" She spoke, her Wakandan accent very prominent. "Call me Bucky." He said respectfully. "Thank you." I add. And I meant it, if it wasn't for their kindness, who knows what would have happened to me. My body. Shuri smiled sweetly and began to walk away. "Come, you have much to learn." She said plainly, and gestured for us to follow. I took one more long look at the beautiful sunset in front of me, and followed, as did Bucky. "Do you mind telling us what happened to our hair?" I questioned. She giggled sweetly. "Well, the children of this village are not used to seeing strong men with long hair, you could say they were fascinated. As for you, miss Hannah, while you were in the pod, your hair grew at an abnormal rate, and it appeared to turn silver naturally, however we do not know what caused this. It could be your powers, or your body's reaction to the serum. The children did not plat your hair, so I do not know what or who did." She explained how long we had been in the pods, 3 months. And caught us up on what we had missed, such as Steve going into hiding with Natasha, Vision, Falcon and Wanda, and the break up of the Avengers.

We eventually arrived at a much larger house in the middle of no where. It was a bit more modern then the one we woke up in. There was actually a door, windows and the roof was tiled instead of thatched. "You will stay here until you are ready to leave, I hope you two don't mind living together." She said laughing, causing me to blush slightly and Bucky to rub the back of his neck awkwardly. Shuri was so cheeky, and she knew it. "I will leave you two to settle in. If you have any questions, there is a hologram devise for you, so you can contact me at any time." We thanked her again and walked towards our new home for a while. I stopped, I don't know why, but I did. Bucky noticed and walked over to me. "Everything ok?"
"I-i don't know. I mean what if whatever happened to my hair does something worse then just grab your arm..." I looked at my feet, telling embarrassed. Bucky smiled sweetly and put his hand on my cheek. I tensed for a second, only to relax into his hand. He looked at me with reassurance, and I looked at him the same. We both walked into the hut. Together.

°•----------------------------------------------------•°
This one is kind of long whoops
❤❤