chapter 30 - infinity pt.2

Buckle in guys this is gonna be a long one!!

On my journey towards them I noticed two alien-like creatures closing in on them, un noticed by the three, and they were quicker then I was.

They looked bat shit crazy. Slime and blood covered their head and torsos,  their skin similar to a slugs in not just colour. The three still battling other aliens of the same breed, still did not notice the other two, now a lot larger.

I did what I knew, I fought. I raised my palms towards one of the aliens, and shot a shard towards it. The shard  penetrated the shoulder of the alien, making a whole in its nasty skin. It fell to the ground, and skidded to a halt.

The second one tripped over its body, skidding to a halt just at Bucky's feet. Still conscious, it let out a high pitched wail, whipped it's bug-like arm round, and slashed at Bucky's leg.

Its sharp nails cut through the flesh on Bucky's leg, and he let out a howl of pain. His leg gave way under the weight of his body, and he began to fall to the ground.

The alien, not regaining his balance, sank his other hand into Bucky's upper thigh and using him as we would a ladder, climbing him.

Killing him.

A strange feeling rose within my chest. More than rage, more than anger. There was no word to describe how I felt in that moment. It kept rising. Up, up, up. In my neck, my head, out into my... hair?

I had one goal: protect Bucky. I ran with all my might towards Bucky, who was screaming more and more in pain. In a flash my braids flung our ahead of me, turning into two dagger-like projectiles aiming straight towards the aliens neck.

They wrapped around it's neck, intertwining with eachother, and squeezing.

Tighter and tighter they became until the alien had been strangled to death. But they didn't stop there. They kept squeezing. Tightening and constricting.

Until it's head came clean off.

The braids released the body of the alien as I finished my run towards Bucky and the others. "Are you ok?" I ask worriedly as I bend down to meet Bucky's face, clearly in pain. "I'm good, doll. Nothing I can't handle." He faked a smile, trying to hide the pain in his face from me, which didn't work.

I held out my hand and helped him to stand, only for him to tuck a stray piece of hair behind my ear, and run off to help M'Baku with a group of aliens that had somehow made it past the first line of defence.

The battle continued for what felt like hours. Killing one alien would just bring about five more, and as I got more and more tired, the aliens seemed to become stronger.

We were being swarmed. Even Bruce in the Hulk Buster couldn't stand up to the shear number of the ravenous creatures. (Although I didn't know why he wasn't becoming hulk.)

We were overwhelmed.

Until a miracle from the sky, shrouded in lightening and joined by a walking tree and a talking raccoon.

It was Thor, coming to save us.

He looked so much different from the last time he was on earth, during the whole Sokovia ordeal. His hair was even cut shorter then Caps, in fact they looked pretty similar in general: blonde, bearded and badass.

Thor managed to destroy half the alien troops by just landing and covering the land in bright blue lightening. He threw his mighty weapon out across the field, killing even more creatures then I could count.

After calling the weapon back to his hand, his entire body glowed a brilliant blue, his eyes shining white. He began to run forward, and I heard him yell something that gave me a new sense of confidence and strength.