chapter 13 - take two

I could listen to Bucky talk for hours on end. The way he glows when he really talked about something he's interested in, like guns, it make my heart race a million times a minute. Not to mention the look on his face when he realises he has been rambling is the most adorable and sweet thing i have ever seen. Occasionally I would zone out, but that was just to look into his beautiful eyes, or the way his mouth forms words and his involuntary lip licks. It drives me crazy just looking at him.

Again my mind started to wonder into darker places. Thinking about his lips on mine, what his metal arm could do to me, what my strength could do to him. "Hellooo~?" I get snapped out of my trance by Bucky waving his hand in front of my face. Shit, have I been staring? "Take a picture it will last longer." He chuckled as I lightly pat my cheeks to get rid of the prominent blush on my face. "Sorry, I zoned out. What did you say?"
"I was asking you if you always had your powers, or if it was a side effect of the serum?"
"Oh! Well as a matter of fact, my powers stem from something different. But they did become enhanced by the serum, because I was never able to create whole walls or anything like that. Just shoot." I held my hand out like I was going to, but instead I just made 'pew pew' noises, causing Bucky to laugh. His face suddenly looked concerned. He grabbed my arm and started to remove my jacket. "H-hey! What are you doing?"
"Sorry, that was a bit abrupt. I just wanted to check how your arm was. You were shot, remember?"
"Oh.. thank you, I'd forgotten." I smiled softly, and he did the same back. He took of the rest of my jacket, and this time gently removed my make shift bandage from my arm, checking my face for any signes of pain. By this point, it had become soaked in blood, it kind of looked like a wet chipmunk. "Do you have any medical supplies in here?" His voice was so gentle and caring, like my ears were on a cloud of cotten. "Yes, in the bathroom. It should be in the cupboard above the sink." As I said that he got up and walked over to the room and followed my instructions, and as I expected, he found it. "Here let me, I think I owe you for ripping it off the last time." I allow him to gently but firmly wrap my arm in a clean, fresh bandage. His touch was so gentle, even his metal hand was caring. It want even that cold, well, not as cold as people made it out to be. What I didn't notice was when he came back from the bathroom, he had sat a lot closer to me, causing our legs to almost touch.

After he had finished tying my bandage, his hand remained on my arm, only to snake down it and connect with mine. He was almost scared to do so, like he didn't know what to do. I closed the gap, interlocking my fingers with his. He took a sigh of relief and relaxed into my hand. "You know, I've never met anyone like you, HD."
"Hannah."
"What?"
"My real name is Hannah Daleman. I tell people its HD if I don't trust them. But i trust you." His smile was so large by this point. I had never seen him so full of joy. "That. Is a beautiful name." And without warning, his grip on my had tightened, and he leaned towards me, and kissed me.

°•----------------------------------------------------•°
Ah the unlucky number 13.
I just want to thank everyone who had been reading up to this point. I never thought my book would get this big, and I'm so happy~
❤❤❤