chapter 26 - meet the team

I followed the group to the lab, where they continued to fill us in on the looming threat of a world-ending alien invasion. Classic saturday night. "Steve and his group will be meeting us here in Wakanda." T'Challa explained as he pulled up a map of Wakanda.

"Hannah, you will be on the frontlines with us and all of our Wakandan fighters from each tribe. Bucky you will be behind covering us, as I hear you were a good shot." I nodded in understanding, and Bucky chuckled slightly at the compliment, only to return to his default nothingness.

We began to prepare for Steve and the others arrival, which we learned would also consist of Rhodey and Bruce. "Bucky!" Shuri called from one of her many desks. "Can you come over here, I need to fit your arm. And don't worry, it's won't be burned on like before." She smiled reassuringly to Bucky as he sat down in a chair in front of her.

Bucky gave me a look, and I knew what that meant. I knew he didn't like me seeing him without both his arms, and I respected that, and I swiftly left the room. "I'll suit up later." I mumbled to myself as I made my way outside.

As I got out there, a spaceship was already waiting on a landing pad. The doors were shut, and I joined the group of guards consisting of Okoya and again T'Challa. "When you said you were going to open Wakanda to the rest of the world this is not what I had in mind." Okoye spoke to T'Challa as we began to walk towards the ship. "And what did you have in mind?" He responded sarcastically. "The Olympics. Maybe a Starbucks." She responded plainly, earning laugh from T'Challa.

Bucky came out of the building a few seconds later, and I couldn't help but stare. He had had a wide range of arms over his life, but the mix of slick black and golden highlights suited him beautifully. He walked up next to me and just stood there, his brown locks moving slightly in the breeze.

I found myself suppressing my feeling for him once more, and I forced myself to look away from him, and towards the ship. The ship doors steamed and they began to open. Stood in the doorway was indeed Steve, Natasha, Sam, Rhodey and Bruce.

They began to walk out of the craft, and I say Bruce mumble something to Rhodey. He then bowed. "We don't do that here." T'Challa spoke. A hint of disgust in his voice. Steve immediately saw Bucky and a huge smile appeared on his face. He almost ran up to him, a smile still broadly on his face, and now on Bucky's. Is was nice to see him smile again. "How you been Buck?" Steve said, putting a firm hand on his shoulder. "Not bad for the end of the world." He joked, still smiling.

°•----------------------------------------------------•°
Do you like how I'm tying in INFINITY WAR with this?
❤❤