Chapter 8 - Soldier reborn

Just as I had expected, after clicking my fingers a car pulled up just outside the entrance to our bunker. It was a slick Mercedes Benz SL400 in silver. The door automatically opened and an automated voice came from inside the vehicle. 'Good morning, Hannah, I was beginning to think you had forgotten about me."
"Don't worry, Savannah, I could never forget you." I chuckle as I sat in the drivers side of the car. "Send a message to Phoenix hq, code left hand man."
"Message sent! I'm guessing we have a couple of guesses joining us on the trip home?"
"Indeed we will. Savannah, meet Bucky and Steve. Bucky and Steve, Savannah." They both look at eachother a bit confused, they clearly weren't used to all the modern technology yet. Steve coughed and nodded slightly, and Bucky just went round to the other side of the car, and got in the front with me. Steve in the back.

"We need to get back home fast hunny, so full speed ahead."
"Understood." The seatbelts automatically rapped round out bodies like a snake and a small click followed. Just like a bullet we shot away from our little shelter. I could see Steve tence and Bucky held onto the front of the car. I chuckled to myself as I could tell they were both slightly terrified. "Uh- if you dont mind me asking, how old are you exactly?" I look at Steve using the mirror. He legitimately looked concerned at the fact that I might be driving under age. God I have my baby face. "I'm fully aware that I look 15...but I'm not. I'm legal if that's what you're asking." Shit I didn't mean it to come out that way. I could see Bucky look at me with a strange look in his eyes. Something I've never seen in anyone's ever before. Like a wild animal looking at it's prey. I shifted on my seat uncomfortably, trying to keep my eyes on the road instead of the quite attractive man sitting next to me. "W-what I mean is I'm legal to drive. And drink. But you know, you didn't ask that. Haha..." I laugh awkwardly and try to keep my mind off of how uncomfortable I was making myself feel.

We came to a red light and I pulled to a halt. There had been an ominous silence in the car for the last mile. Kind of like an unspoken tension, we all knew something was up. Something seemed to easy; too peaceful. Suddenly, a loud bang comes from behind us. Someone had rammed us from behind. Shit. I unbuckled myself, opened the car door. What I saw shocked me. Three people, all holding a portable speaker and a microphone. In unison they say one word. Well, one word at first.

"Longing"

I see Bucky's eyes bold straight up. Shit, I know what they are doing. They are trying to activate The Winter Soldier. These, are his trigger words.

"Rusted."

I look into the car and see Bucky looking very uncomfortable. His metal arm starting to pat his knee with worry.

"Seventeen."

I need to get out of here. Fast.

"Daybreak. Furnace."

Bucky was starting to scream. Fear filled his eyes as he felt helpless at the grasp of hydra. I couldn't stand there and watch h8m be ripped apart from the inside out.

"Nine. Benign. Homecoming."

Bucky was screaming now. No, screaming doesn't describe it well enough. No word does. He was wailing in pain. His grip becoming so strong he started to crush the door handle of my car. I started to choke up. This was hydra. And they were the best of the worst. Steve tried to hold Bucky down from behind him, but he was strong, and I could tell Steve was struggling.

"One."

I knew these words. They haunted me since my training days.

Flashback

"These words will prove handy if you ever find yourself trapped with a hydra operative that has been brainwashed. They are a universal way of controlling them. But always remember whoever says the last word is the one that gives the order. The others just prep them."

Bingo.

°•----------------------------------------------------•°
Thankyou for reading so far!
This chapter is a bit longer but I thinking works.
Comms t if you want longer chapters like this~