Chapter 3 - sacrifice

If I'm 100% honest, a sudden panic fell on me. I knew I wouldn't have time to get to him before he wounded one of them. I knew I was closer to the two than I was to the gunman. I knew I only had one option. I sprinted towards Captain America and The Winter Soldier, throwing myself in front of them and the bullet. I knew that I could take a shot to the chest by turning it diamond, (If you haven't already guessed, my name is HD because I can fire hardened diamond shards from my hands, and tern parts of my body diamond at will) but I didn't know if I could stop myself flying back because of the force of the bullet. I held my breath and braced for impact.

There was a sharp ringing in my ears, everything seemed to move in slow motion. I was full aware that I was no longer in front of the two men, in fact I was embedded in a wall on the other side of the tunnel. Great. I pushed myself out of the me-sized crater in the wall, the ringing still prominent in my head, and I tried to see what I had missed during my time as a wall. What I saw wasn't good. Black Panther had now rejoined the fight, but they were surrounded. They were outnumbered 3:50. Very not good.

This time five men pinned each of them down. 'Shit.' I thought to myself, time for plan B. I raced towards the group of men, and clicked my fingers. The floor started to rumble violently as I got closer and closer to the pack. One more flip off of the shoulders of two men at the back, and I cracked the floor. The concrete rippled outwards, knocking most of the cops off their feet. "Fifteen is better than fifty!" I shouted at the tree now on the ground. I forced my arms upwards, bringing with them a circular wall of hardened diamond, separating us from the mass of police outside. At that point, my memory fades.

°•----------------------------------------------------•°

Hope you guys like this chapter!
If you have any ideas as to what happens next comment it!