Chapter 4 - broken trust

I woke up in a cold sweat on the floor, with absolutely no clue where I am. Where ever I was, it was dark. There was a window on a wall to the left of me, moonlight streamed through, illuminating patches of floor and machinery. I sat up, my head pounding and my right arm in severe pain. I winsed as I tried to put weight on it.

I tried to get a better look at my surroundings. As my eyes got more accustomed to the limited light, I heard two people talking in a low tone. "We don't even know who this girl is," Bucky. "How do we know she's not a hydra agent trying to earn our trust?" His voice was raw, no guilt in the words he said. Me, a scum hydra agent. How dare he? I helped him escape from the cops and this is the thanks I get? Bullshit. "I know you're on edge, Buck, but if it wasn't for her our situation would be much worse." Thank God Steve still has some sort of trust in me. "And just think, with whatever powers she has, it could seriously help us out."
"Fine, I'll give her one chance. One. She blows it I'm not going to wait for her to try and run." God I wanted to hit him, but I knew that would destroy any chance of him trusting me. My arm was still throbbing with pain, I looked over, and saw it was tightly wrapped in white bandages, blood was seeping through slightly. I'd been shot. Great.

My earpiece was also gone, and when I say gone, I mean crushed and next to me on the floor. "You go change her bandages, I'm going to stay and keep watch."
"Fine." I heard Bucky stomp into the room, flicking a switch and illuminating the now apparent abandoned factory room. He didn't look at me once, he just focused on finding another medkit. He found one and opened it, taking out a white reel of bandages. He walked over to me, not noticing I was awake.

He kept down next to me, and ripped off the bandage on my arm. I flinched because that fucking hurt. He finally looked up at me, making eye contact. His stare sent shivers through my body. It was cold, emotionless. His grey-blue eyes saw straight to my soul. A flash of guilt fell through his face when he realised what he did, only to return to his default nothingness. "Sorry." He managed to mumble. I looked away from him, pulling my arm away from him as I did. "I can do it myself." I tried to sound as cold and uncaring as he was acting. I ripped off a part of my shirt, wrapping it tightly round my wound. "You need to use proper-"
"I don't need to do anything, especially not with you." I jumped up and started to walk out. "Hey you need to rest." He was following me. He grabbed my wrist with his metal hand and I turned on my heels to face him.

°•----------------------------------------------------•°
Hope this chapter is as good as the rest~
It's really hard trying to keep up with this one chapter a day thing so some days May be late 😅