The Overdue Talk

Next day. Morning.

I walked into Oliver's room and saw how destroyed it was.

Oliver joked "Rough party"

I nodded "i know"

Oliver asked worried  "how are you feeling?"

I nodded "I've been through worse"

He shook his head "That's not what i meant"

I nodded "i know"

I walked around the room.

Me "Thea stole one of your sweaters for me"

He nodded "i know. You always loved to sleep in my sweaters when you weren't feeling well. It was easy to tell when something was wrong"

I nodded "Some things haven't changed"

Oliver nodded "i remember that i had to beg you to tell me what's going on."

Me "I was never easy"

Oliver looked down "But that makes you you"

He looked up to me and smiled softly.

I walked to the broken table.

Me "sorry that i broke your table"

Oliver shrugged "It was just a table"

My eyes widened surprised when i saw something on the ground. I bent down and picked it up.

I smiled "you still have it"

I looked at him surprised.

Oliver nodded "yeah, i didn't want to put it away. I couldn't "

I smiled a little.

It was a photo of him and me. Thea had taken it when i went to Cancun with the Queen family. Oliver and i had a big ass jet leg so we fell asleep in the armchair. He's spooning me. We were both sleeping.

Me "This is one of my favorites"

Suddenly i could hear him behind me "mine too"

I turned around and we were chest to chest now.

I looked at his chest "why aren't you talking about what happened on that island?"

Oliver "Because if people know- if you knew-you'd see me differently. An not as the vigilante. As damaged. I couldn't bare you looking at me like that. Not you"

Me "Well, we're both no saints"

Oliver "is that the reason you're not looking me in the eyes"

Me "what?"

Oliver "You didn't look me in the eyes since you walked in. Has it something to do with last night? with our kiss?"

I took a deep breath " we're clearly still attracted to each other."

He looked down nodding "I know"

I looked him in the eye "I don't regret the kiss. "

Oliver "neither do it"

I shook my head and looked around "you can't just come back after 5 years and kiss me like that. You can't just turn my head upside down, Oliver"

Oliver "Your head or your heart?"

Me "either way it's not fair. It's not fair for me."

Oliver "i don't mean to hurt you"

Me "You already have, Oliver"

He sighed. 

Me "I told you how scared i was about going into a relationship with you. Not only because you were a fuckboy but...

Oliver "...you were also scared that if we don't work out that our friendship would go to crap"

I nodded.

He nodded "i know. I was the one who assured you that you wouldn't regret it"

Me  "and i didn't. Not when we started. Not when the cheating rumors started. Not when you and Tommy went out on boy's nights getting shit-faced drunk at clubs."

Oliver "I always was faithful the whole time"

I nodded "I know because i trusted you. But what changed after one year and two months that you suddenly decided to cheat on me?"

He looked down. 

Me "Out of every girl on this planet you chose my best friend? "

He didn't say anything. 

Me "and not two days before you told me you cheat, you were telling about our future together, Oliver. You don't tell someone you can picture a future with them and two days later you decide to tell her you slept with her best friend"

He didn't say anything. 

Me "Why did you do it? why did you decide to cheat, Oliver? And don't dare telling me you were drunk because i deserve better than this bullshit excuse"

Oliver nodded "i know"

Me "then why did you do it?"

He looked away. 

Me "Oliver?"

He looked down " I don't know why i did it"

I scoffed and could feel tears coming up in my ears "That's even worse than telling me you were drunk"

Oliver sighed "i know"

Me "I'd rather have you not telling me anything than lying to me, Oliver"

He looked down. 

Me "And i don't regret ever going in a relationship with you. I don't. That kiss brought back memories and feelings and not only the good ones. It brought up the pain that you brought me."

Oliver "and what are we going to do now?"

Me "I'm gonna take a break from the team. Call me only if it's urgent, please. And if you really loved me, Oliver, if there's anything inside of you that still cares about me then you will respect my wish"

He looked down. 

I sighed and walked out.