"Are You Sure I Can Keep This?"

Later at Queen consolidated. At the Benefit.Night.

Night

I was walking around looking for Oliver

Suddenly i heard behind me "You look like a woman who's looking for someone."

Me " Friend of mine. He's throwing this benefit. "

Sebastian "Oliver Queen. Didn't realize you were friends. "

Me "There was a time we were more than just friends. So you can imagine how I feel about you putting him in the crosshairs of public opinion, Sebastian."

Sebastian's tried to hide his smirk " For what it's worth, I've apologized to Oliver for my rhetorical excesses. In fact, it is that détente which brings us all here tonight. "

Suddenly i saw Dig nodding me over out of the corner of the room .

I smiled at Sebastian "Excuse, i need to freshen myself up a bit"

He nodded "of course, Catalina"

I smiled and walked over to the Elevators were Dig and Oliver where.

Me "you guys are late"

Oliver " We got a problem"

I asked confused "now?"

Oliver nodded "more like 5 minutes ago"

I rolled my eyes "..so which suit are you planning on wearing tonight, Oliver? "

He looked down.

Me "Oliver, you are hosting this benefit. you can't just leave"

Oliver looked at me pleadingly "i know i shouldn't ask this of you but could you please, please cover me?"

I took a deep breath but then nodded "okay but hurry up"

He nodded and left.

I walked over the crowd and clincked two glasses together- They all looked at me.

I smiled "Thank you for your attention, ladies and gentleman, and thank you for joining me on this benefit tonight. By the look on your faces i can tell that you all expected to see Mr. Queen instead of me. But Mr. Queen got hold up by some private matters so he asked me to step in for him. "

I went to say something but Sebastian walked over to me "Ladies and gentlemen. Because, I'm afraid to say, is painfully apparent. He doesn't care. I told Mr. Queen that this city's problems cannot be solved with his money; that he needed to stand up and be counted as someone who cares. So where is he now? "

Me "taking care of his family"

Sebastien "do you know that for sure? All I know is that he isn't here. This city is dying. And it needs someone to stand up and breathe new hope into it. And tonight, it is painfully obvious that that person is not Oliver Queen. "

Me "He's trying his best. We all are trying to safe this city"

Sebastien "Then he should try harder"

I glared at him and he eyed me, challenging me. 

----

I was sitting on Oliver's desk looking at the screen. Oliver and Diggle were standing behind me .

Reporter" After a prolonged pursuit, police have arrested Chien Na Wei, a high-ranking member of the local Chinese Triad, which was responsible for the recent hijackings of pharmaceuticals bound for Glades Memorial. Representatives praise the efforts of the SCPD in saving the hospital from shutting down, though some sources say the Vigilante may have been involved. In other news, protests continue in..."

Dig " I was just about to make my move on her. I didn't need one of your trick arrows getting in the way. "

Oliver shook his head "Couldn't risk it. Where would I be without my black driver? "

Dig chuckled.

Oliver sighed  "Diggle! I'm sorry about you and Carly."

he nodded " Yeah, well, couples break up. Not everything that happens in Starling City is your responsibility."

Oliver nodded  " I'm learning that. What I meant was, I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you, because I should have been. I got wrapped up in my own suffering, and I...forgot that some other people might be suffering, too"

Dig "You know, we're getting dangerously close to hug territory, so I'm going to fall back. You need a ride?"

Oliver " It turns that being CEO, I actually have some work to do. I'll find my own way."

Dig " You always do. "

then he left.

Sebastian on screen " Oliver Queen's failure to show up to his own benefit shouldn't surprise anyone. He's no different than the rest of the Starling City elite who have failed to show up when it comes to ending the suffering of those left devastated in the Glades. Oliver Queen is not a friend to the people of this city. "

i looked at Oliver who grimaced.

Outside of the verdant.

I snuck up on Roy throwing the trash bags in the container.

Suddenly Roy threw my own knife at me but i caught it.

He turned around, frozen "I've been looking for you. "

Me "You need to stop "

Roy "You saved my life! Made me realize it... wasn't much of a life. But I could do what others couldn't, or too afraid to do. I could help you save the city. "

Me "You're untrained."

Roy " I can fight. "

Me "You can take a beating. There's a difference."

Roy " Then teach me! Let me help you. "

I nodded "Ok. You can help me. But not by taking on the Triad or the cops."

Roy asked confused " Then how? "

Me "To do what I do, I need intel. You can be my eyes and ears in the Glades. That's how you can save the city. "

Roy "How do I contact you?"

I threw the knife to him on the ground " Leave that in the alley wall. Then I'll know to contact you. "

Roy picked up the knife "Are you sure it's all right that I keep this? "

i smirked and walked away.