The Warrant

At Verdant.

Oliver and i walked down the stairs, past Tommy and Laurel making out

Me "get a room"

Laurel "you okay?"

Oliver "Bad night."

We walked to the door but the police walked inside.

Quentin " It's about to get worse. "

We turned around and looked at him.

Quentin held out a paper  "Mr. Meryln, as requested, a warrant to search these premises. "

Laure snatched the paper, shaking her head  "I can't believe you're doing this. "

Quentin "Believe it. "

Oliver " Detective, I'm not an attorney, but on what grounds are you searching my club? "

Quentin "Your general manager bribed a government official to keep him from inspecting the entirety of your building. "

Me "What? "

Quentin "Because he's selling Vertigo out of this club. "

Laurel "Ollie, it's valid"

I breathed out relieved. 

Oliver "thank you"

Quentin " A sub level is not listed on the inspection's floor plans. However, I pulled the county records. There's something down there. I want to see for myself what it is."

Ollie and i looked at each other.

Quentin moved to the back, to THE door.

He knocked against it "Oh, look at that. Open the door. "

I went to open it but then stopped and turned to Quentin"You're making a mistake. "

Quentin shook his head "No. You are. If you don't open that door."

I looked at Oliver.

Quentin" I said, open the door. "

I opened it.

Quentin "Thank you. "

then they walked downstairs. We followed them.

Tommy turned o the lights.

My jaw dropped. The hide out was gone. Everything was gone.

Tommy "The place is kind of a mess. I've been using it to store the bulk of our inventory. "

Quentin "What's in the boxes? "

Tommy "Why don't you have a look."

Quentin took a bottle of Vodka out of one of the boxes.

I looked at Oliver who was at socked as i was.

Laurel " Well, if prohibition were still in effect, you might actually have a basis of a criminal complaint. "

tommy "Would you like to open the rest of the crates? "

Quentin opened more boxes but there was only alcohol in them "So if you don't have anything to hide... Why didn't you want the inspector down here? "

Tommy "Well, the ventilation system in this place hasn't been updated since the sixties. Maybe we shouldn't even be open. "

Quentin looked around but then nodded "Yeah."

Then he left with his guys.

--

We walked upstairs.

Laurel "I'm sorry. I thought he was ok with us being together."

Tommy " He wasn't wrong. I bribed a guy"

Laurel " That's not why he brought out his jackboots."

Tommy " It's all gonna be fine."

Laurel " I'll see you at home. "

She gave him a kiss "Good night. "

Me" good night"

Then she left.

 Tommy turned to us " Is there something you want to say to me?"

Me " Thank you. "

Tommy "No, I meant the thing that you were thinking when Lance accused me of dealing out of the club. "

Oliver "I don't understand why you wouldn't just tell me about the bribe"

Tommy "I run the club. I don't tell you a lot of things. So let me ask you a question, pal. What have I done in the last 6 months since you've been home that would lead you to believe that I would sell drugs?"

Oliver snapped " In the last 6 months? Nothing. Before I left, you played hard. You played with bad people who were into bad stuff. "

Tommy "And so did you, Oliver. But I changed just like you did. Now you put arrows in people who do illegal things. Last time I checked, bribing a city inspector was not legal. "

Oliver asked confused  "Do you actually think that I could hurt you? "

Tommy "Truthfully, I have no idea what the hell you would do. You are a complete mystery to me. I've got no idea how you find it so easy to kill people. The next time you decide to think the worst of me, imagine what I now think of you. "

Then he walked out.

Dig walked to us "What's his problem?"

Oliver snapped " What's yours?"

Dig froze " Excuse me? "

Oliver "I asked Felicity to get in touch with you. There was a hostage situation at the aquarium."

Diggle " I'm sorry, I didn't get that message till it was over. "

Me "Why? "

Dig "Because I was busy doing something else. Lawton. Oliver, you didn't end up needing me. "

Oliver "You couldn't have known that. "

Dig "In other words, find your brother's killer on your own time, right?"

Oliver " Vertigo's tearing this city apart, Diggle. So, yeah, maybe now's not the best time to indulge a personal vendetta. "

Diggle "You're actually gonna stand there and tell me that you going after the Count is not personal? Oliver, listen, I cannot read a book to my nephew without knowing that Lawton took his father from him. I can't move on with Carly, I can't move on with my life knowing that he's still out there. I thought if anybody got that it'd be you. "