"You Were Right"

A few days later. At the hide out. 

Me "I've heard of having money to burn, but stealing money to burn, that's new"

Dig "Darhk's not kidding. He really wants this city to die"

Thea "yeah, but why? i mean, what does HIVE have to gain from any of this?"

Oliver "a base of operations. They have to be able to operate out of somewhere. What better spot than a dead city?"

Laurel "with almost a dead police department"

Dig "any luck from that tooth we got off the HIVE member that we took down?"

Fel "only that the deterioration of the DNA markers was most definitely not natural"

Laurel "which means it was caused by what?"

Fel shrugged "Curtis and i have been trying to figure that out fro the past month "

Oliver "Maybe Ray will have better luck"

Fel "i will ask"

Then she walked away and Laurel followed her. 

Dig looked at Oliver "hey, you got a sec?"

Oliver nodded "Yeah"

Thea and i walked away.

At Oliver's office. 

Alex walked in "okay, tomorrow night, Patrolmen's Benevolent Association Gala. It's black tie, so you need a tux"

Thea "which one? he's got, like, 50."

I grimaced.

Oliver "Maybe back in the day. I don't have a tux. "

Alex shrugged "Get a rental. it doesn't really matter. Every mayor in the history of Star City has attended the PBA. I secured a spot for you on the dais with the brass. We need to make sure that your keynote is on point"

Thea "which means we need to find a way to say that the police need our help without ..."

Alex "throwing them under the bus"

Thea nodded "right"

Alex smiled at her and she returned it blushing a little. 

I raised an eyebrow. 

Oliver asked Thea amused "i thought you failed civics class?"

Thea "A D-minus, thank you. Alex has a way of making this interesting"

Oliver looked at Alex. 

Thea's phone started to ring and she took it out annoyed "sorry, wrong number. What were you saying?"

She turned her phone off. 

Alex "uh...moving on to Oliver's platform. I got your e-mail about cleaning up Star City Bay. "