It Begins

WELCOME!This is the first draft

WELCOME!
This is the first draft. Be kind and don't forget to hit that little button at the end of the chapter for me! This is exclusively on Wattpad, if you see it anywhere else, let me know.

 Be kind and don't forget to hit that little button at the end of the chapter for me! This is exclusively on Wattpad, if you see it anywhere else, let me know

Who wants to live here? I do! Okay, carry on.

She stood tracing the gold intricate designs of an opulent cream colored bedside table in her mother's bedroom as she watched the lady-in-waiting prepare her mother's attire. The designs were always so elaborate, detailed and regal, flowing in soft delicate swoops and flourishes in an endless pattern. And rightfully so, her mother was the most beautiful woman in the world. With tresses the color of night and glowing amber eyes, she was a sight to behold. Mari gave a small smile, the fabrics dulling compared to her mother; although, today she wore a gold so light it shimmered in the sunlight.

Keeping quiet, she studied her mother transfixed by her beauty. Creeping into the King and Queen chamber's before the first light was a habit of hers, but today was the first time she actually succeeded. It was due to Marius—the new royal healer slash her instructor arrival. A soft giggle escaped her. She pictured Annabeth's her lady-in-waiting face scrunched up in dismay, searching for her; while the assistants fussed about like a flock of hens. She slapped her hands against her lips to hide the sound.

Uh oh!

She gasped, her elbow clashing into a delicate crystal bowl sitting on the nightstand. It crashed against the slated floor with a clang, and her breath stopped in shock as her eyes widened. She darted behind the drapes hoping to conceal herself there, but no such luck. The hustle and bustle slowed as she became the center of unwanted attention.

"Mari! Dear, what are you doing here?" her mother exclaimed, reaching out her hands for her beautiful daughter. Her heart swelled in her chest taking in the bountiful rich locks bouncing at her daughter's movement, and her large bright eyes reminding her very much of her spouse. Eyes that were a celestial blue, the embodiment of the deep ocean under the watchful gaze of the sun.

"Your Majesty, we can take her to her room."

Mari clung to her mother in fear they would remove her from her presence. She loved her mommy. Squeezing her eyes, she buried her face in her mother's skirt while shaking her head back and forth.