XXXV. Messenger of Light

Energy tore between the strange man from her dreams, and herself. Every pore, meridian felt alive and pulsated with power. The energies swirled around them and Caelia felt high. Higher than she could ever feel. This energy, it was warm, calming, and safe. Oddly, it reminded her of Cal, but he was a part of her. How could that be? Her eyes flew open and she stared into a pair of strong clear eyes.

"He is stunning." She gasped, watching him watch her.

"Thank you," he replied, smiling.

Her heart raged in her chest at gleaming white teeth glowing in the dark. Then heat claimed her face. Wai! She said that aloud! What was wrong with her? Caelia wanted to get away, but his arms, they wrapped tightly around her. Wait, when did that happen? She felt every bit woman and he, man as he clutched her to him. Having nothing else to say and more importantly being afraid of embarrassing herself further, she stayed quiet. Her body molding itself against his. How strange, if it was any other male she would be fleeing to get away, but this somehow felt like home. She tried sneaking another look at him, but he caught her. He watched with a gentle smile, and Caelia felt as if her heart would break. This man was so breathtakingly beautiful.

"You are exquisite," his timbre spoke into the quiet night. "It's hard to believe that you are actually here in my arms," he said, his arms tightening around her. "I've waited for so long," he croaked, bending over to bury his face into her neck.

She couldn't really explain this feeling, so she embraced him. As she did this, she thought of the place she visited when she is trying to cultivate as Cal put it, and when she opened her eyes both she and the strange man where there.

"Where is this place," he said, suddenly straightening, releasing her from his hold, but lacing their hands together.

How strange, she thought nothing of it. "Um, it sort of hard to explain this, but Cal usually brings me here."

"Cal?" the man said, a strange look entering his eyes. It looked like confusion and yet something glimmered.

"He says that he's a part of me."

"Then where is he?"

"Um, that's going to take some time to explain."

The guy studied the portrait of the phoenix. "This is interesting," he said, touching the frame briefly, and Caelia trembled. It felt he stroke a very intimate part of her soul.

"I see," he mumbled.

What? What did he see? She didn't get it at all!

"Let's go."

"What, he knew how to escape this place?"

"You'll learn more at the academy," he chuckled.

"Wah! I did it again!" she gasped, hiding behind her hand. His grip tightened in response.

She blinked owlishly as they returned to the balcony where they first met. She smiled as the moonlight streamed across his face. Then she gasped, his eyes they were grey. They were an ice blue so light that they appeared grey. She was unaware that her own golden color eyes glowed in response.

"I am Alexey," he said, lacing their fingers.

"Caelia," she said softly, completely enraptured. The power between them spiked and she let him go, tracing his left eyebrow. Then her finger shifted toward his nose tracing the bridge downward toward his lips where her eyes strayed. Should she? She unconsciously shifted forward slowly closing the space between them. Suddenly, she jerked as someone entered the balcony.

"What are you doing out here?" Iana questioned, spotting her son alone, before realizing a young female hid behind him.

A wrinkle frown between her brows. The queen was addressing Alexey, and her eyes shifted to meet him which stared back into her own. There was no way! Horror consumed her, this was impossible. Not another, she could handle this. She took a step away from him when he grabbed her hand.