XXX. Nightmare Level Message

"Now that your mind is calm I want you to start focusing on training your mental energies. If you don't cultivate properly, you will explode and die from all of the power. Everything needs to have a balance, and this includes tempering the body. Fortunately, the claim of the phoenix has allowed you to increase your body's strength. Ordinary weaponry will not harm you, only weapons imbued with magic may do so."

"Thank you, Cal," she said, taking the hand that he held out from her.

"Why isn't the sword with you?"

"I am in Agnimitra," she replied.

"Hmm."
"The phoenix claim and my lack of control have placed me under the tutelage of the Master Ryusen.

"Has there been anything strange occurring?"

"No," she said, slowly before her eyes nearly bulged "Oh Gods! I've forgotten about Roy!" she exclaimed recounting the strange conversation she overheard the day she left the farm.

"Something is seriously wrong there, I'm never going back. I've got to tell Master Ryusen!"

"I won't hold you here too long. I sense the others approach. Keep me at your side," he said, waving his hand and she started to disappear.

"The custom clothes of the Agnimitra people look nice."

Caelia felt her face burst from the heat. This. Was. Not. Normal. She was crushing on herself!

*

How are you feeling?" Yoh asked, when she opened her eyes.

"Better! I did it!" She smiled pleased then looking down in surprise at the sword lying across her lap. Did Cal do this?

"It came to you in your time of need," Yoh said, answering the quizzical look on her face.

She smiled caressing the sword, Cal was special. And, it wasn't because she had a crush.

"Master Ryusen! I need to talk to you. It's urgent!" she said, her eyes colliding with his green ones and she felt the panic she experienced that day return two-fold.

"Roy! I mean I heard a weird conversation! But Roy, and he said I can't even help myself! And he was a total ass the first time we met, but he."

"Calm!" he commanded, and she felt the panic inside of her ease away as Yoh moved behind her to stroke her hair while Master Ryusen sat in front of her facing her. "Slowly," he said, and she nodded gratefully feeling his energy swirling around her. Caelia scanned their surroundings afraid that someone might overhear.

"It's safe here, dear. Melchoir's magic won't allow anyone to overhear."

The fear ebbed from her at Yoh's words, and she felt like ooze.

"He said the claws in the Lynear."

Shock registered in Master Ryusen's eyes, and it scared her.

"Yoh, prepare a nightmare level message to the royal family. I want this sealed. We mustn't give the enemy a chance to move."

"Very well."

"You, I would love to begin your training, but unfortunately this takes precedence. I'm taking her to visit Aziyah for a reading."

"The old wise woman. Honey, but her prophecies are connected to the—"

"I'm aware. This is a chance that I'm willing to take. First the phoenix claim, this sword, and now this message. I'd say the girl is at the center of all of these events and maybe even connected to him."