Chapter 9

After what felt like forever, I finally heard the bass from a song bouncing off of the trees in the forest. The trees gave us much needed shade from the sun rays that have beat down on us the last forty minutes.  I guess it is my fault since I insisted that we walked.

As we got closer, my anxiety grew. I knew I would have to face what I said last night to Wes, and I didn't want to ruin anything or expose my secret.

More people came into sight when we reached the small body of water in the forest. Some people were already drinking while others were swimming. Loud, country music echoed around us, and people were swaying to the beat.

I looked over at the swinging rope to see Wesley grabbing onto it and swinging himself into the creek, making a huge splash. When he emerged from the water, droplets that fell from his wet hair clung to his hard abs. He didn't even make it out of the water before Blake attacked him by jumping onto him and wrapping her legs around his waist. Her lips were on his before he could even take in a breath of air.

Blake likes to show everyone what she has, and Wes is basically a trophy to her.  I, of course, couldn't help but wish that it was me clinging to his wet frame.

"Are you okay?" Savannah asked and looked over what I was looking at.

I tore my eyes away from Wes and Blake."  "Yeah, I'm fine."

Was I really?

I don't think Wes would ever have feelings for me after what I said last night.

Savannah gave me a smile and then looked over at Molly, who was practically drooling from spotting Austin. It's crazy how her demeanor changed in just two days.

"Ooh, why don't you go say something?" Savannah suggested in a teasing tone.  She lightly shoved Molly with her hip, causing her to stumble a little before she gave Savannah an annoyed look.

"No, because he probably doesn't like me like that."

I laughed while Savannah sniggered at her comment. Molly is clearly blind if she doesn't see that Austin likes her. He lights up when he sees her, and he gave her his jacket when it wasn't even cold.

"Oh, please," I practically snorted. "You must have been dropped on your head if you think he doesn't like you."

Molly's glare shifted from Savannah to me, and I just beamed at her. Molly then stomped away like she was throwing a tantrum.

"Where are you going?" We yelled at her.

She spun around, making her curly, brown locks whip around her face.  "I'm gonna prove I wasn't dropped on my head."  Determination was apparent in her brown eyes.

"Oh, Molly!" Savannah sighed as I called back at her, "I was only kidding!"

We watched as Molly, once confident, walk shyly up behind Austin and tap on his shoulder. He turned around and immediately smiled at the sight of her. I gave Savannah a pointed look, and she laughed in return. We decided it was best to leave those two alone and made our way to the water.

At the shoreline, I stripped down to my yellow bikini and pulled Savannah into the water with me. It was freezing at first, but was a relief against the hot sun.