Chapter 32

All of our eyes were on Jason, who was looking at Frankie with what I would describe as disbelief. Rhett also was staring at his father with wide eyes, but he didn't say anything. We were speechless.

Wesley is Rhett's brother.

How is this possible? How had I not known that Wesley was a werewolf before? So many new questions swirled around in my head, giving me a headache. Just when I start to grasp one thing, another bombshell is dropped on me.

"That's...that's impossible," Jason dismissed Frankie's claim. By the look on his face, you can tell he was in denial.

"It is possible, and you know it, Jason. I didn't want to tell you before because after we broke up and you started dating Elena, your father told me that you got her pregnant. I went to your house to tell you about the pregnancy, but once he told me about how you guys were having a baby, I couldn't do it."

Jason covered his eyes with his hand and shifted legs as he processed Frankie's words. "John..."

"He knows that Wesley isn't his son. He could never have kids, so he treated him as if he was his own. He doesn't know about Wesley's genes, though," she interrupted Rhett's dad and slowly approached him.

Sawyer started to shake his head at Frankie's last claim, and argued. "No. That can't be true. I would have noticed if my best friend was a werewolf."

Wesley's mom gave him a sympathetic look. "I suppressed Wesley's werewolf side so he wouldn't change. He has no idea. I didn't want him to ever find out. He must have not been wearing his bracelet..." Sadness welled in her pale eyes.

He lost his bracelet during that fight with Blake. Oh my... That was what was keeping him from turning into a werewolf.

"Wesley's bracelet that he's worn since I can remember... That's what has been keepin' him from changin'? He lost it Friday afternoon at school. He's been looking for it since," I chimed into the conversation. Frankie let out a sigh.

"Yeah, it was. I had the beads made from wolfsbane. The guy who made it said that it would keep his werewolf gene dormant. As long as he wore it, he would be normal," she explained and covered her face. "I was only tryin' to protect him from himself. I should have told him long ago."

I glanced back at Jason, who had a look of betrayal on his dark features. He just watched Frankie with dismay.

Frankie noticed and tried to grab his hand. "I'm so sorry, Jay." He pulled his hand out of her grasp and pushed passed her out of the kitchen. Rhett follow him.

A single tear rolled down Frankie's pale cheek as she watched him walk away. Without thinking, I placed my hand on her arm. She looked at me, astounded, and then wrapped her arms around me. "I know you think you did what was best for him. Jason will come around."

I felt Wesley's mom nod into my shoulder before she looked up. Now that Jason left the room, she was able to take in her surroundings. Her eyes landed on my father, which prompted a gasp from her lips. Slowly, she stepped away from me and walked towards him.

"Jack? Oh my..." Frankie's words died as she touched my dad's face as if she was trying to see if he was really there. "How?" Her eyes wandered around his muscular frame.

The side of my dad's lips twitched slightly in a nervous manner. No one was supposed to know about him. Frankie discovering this secret could ruin everything.

When my dad didn't speak, Frankie's eyes widened. "You're one of them now, aren't you?  Does Catherine know?"

"No, she doesn't," he answered in a somber tone.