Chapter 18

The large cabin encircled by the forest has me in awe. Their house is almost the size of a mansion, and the shop next to it looks like the size of my house. I definitely was not expecting this when Rhett said for us to go to his place. I half-expected a run-down shack because of the reputation that surrounds the Dixons.

I was wrong—about a lot of things.

The inside of the house is even better than the outside. It's nothing elegant, but it has a home-like feel to it. Blue curtains drape along the large windows, allowing the moonlight to shine through. A large, grey couch sits in the middle of the living area with a large, flat screen television hanging on the wall. You can definitely tell it's overrun by boys though because of the pizza boxes and clothes scattered across the ground.

Everyone made themselves comfortable on the large, wrap-around couch, and Rhett motioned for me to sit. I decided to sit next to my brother, where I felt the safest. To my surprise, there's more people here than I thought. The one, tan wolf that followed Rhett and Sawyer morphed into Parker, the guy I saw handing Rhett something in the parking lot a couple weeks ago. Two more guys also appeared in the room when we walked in, and among them, I recognize a guy named Owen from school. He's one of the guys that also hangs around Rhett. The other guy appears to be in his mid-twenties, but I've never seen him before.

The dark-brown wolf that stayed by my side on the walk here still remains in wolf form, which makes me more curious on who it is. He seems to know me though by the way he stays close to me. I eye him curiously until a tall, dark-haired man walks in from upstairs.

"Rhett, what's this? What is she doing here?" The older man demands with surprise contouring his chiseled features.

"Dad," Rhett acknowledged him. "She was almost attacked by that Vargulf. Sawyer got to him first and was injured, but she saw him."

So, that's Jason Dixon. He doesn't look like a bad guy. In fact, he isn't bad looking either. I can see where Rhett gets his looks from.

"She saw him?" Jason lifted his eyebrows in a quizzical fashion.

Sawyer cleared his throat, "She knows."

Rhett's dad looked from Sawyer to Rhett, and then looked at me. His green eyes watched me curiously. He seems to know me even though I've never met him before.

"Knows what exactly?"

I shift uncomfortably under his gaze, but then stop myself. I had to show them I wasn't afraid or weirded out. I had to appear strong.

"That you all are werewolves," I reply for the boys, not breaking eye contact.

An amused smile breaks out across Jason's face.

"Aw, that..."

"Yeah, so I think it's time for that explanation," I cut him off and looked to Rhett.

Instead of explaining, a small smirk much like his father's grows on his lips. He looks down at his knees and then looks up at me through his long eyelashes before turning to Sawyer.

"She's not gonna give up, is she?"

Sawyer chuckles, "No, she's not. Once Rae has somethin' on her mind, there's no stopping her."

Rhett's green eyes remained trained on me while he tapped his foot.

"Yeah, so get talkin', darlin'," I ordered in a teasing tone while I made myself comfortable on the couch.

I wasn't going anywhere without answers. He needed to understand that. Rhett scoffed and shook his head slightly.

"You heard the lady, son. You better get talkin'. Who knows what she'll do if you keep her waiting much longer," Rhett's dad chimed in before making his way upstairs.