Chapter 31

I never expected such a rugged boy to have such soft lips. The way they moved in sync with mine gave me shivers down my spine and butterflies in my stomach. My hand moved to the back of his head and intertwined with his messy hair. The kiss was soft and passionate, but greedy at the same time as if he has been waiting for this moment.

This was my first, real kiss. Well, besides the one at Blake's 13th birthday party when I was forced to kiss Russell Fischer in a game of truth and dare. That one didn't count and was awkward and sloppy. With Rhett, it didn't feel that way. It felt right, like our lips were made for each other.

It's strange because I've never imagined anyone else's lips on my own besides Wesley's, but now, as he's kissing me, I couldn't imagine anything different; I didn't want it to ever end.

"Get off of her!" Wesley abruptly shouted as he tackled Rhett to the ground, breaking us apart.

So much for forever.

As Rhett's back hit the ground, he shoved Wesley off of him and quickly stood up. "What the hell?!" Rhett yelled at Wesley.

To say I am surprised is an understatement. I was not expecting this to happen during my first, real kiss. I feel frozen in place as I watch the scene unfold in front of me.

"Don't touch her!" Wesley ordered while in a fighting stance. He looked extremely angry, which was something that I've never seen on Wesley before. This was strange.

"Wes, stop! What is goin' on?" I demanded as I tried to step in between them, but Rhett held up his hand to stop me. He shook his head, telling me that he doesn't want me to come closer.

Sawyer, Parker, and Owen were suddenly by my side and probably heard what was going on from where they were. I look around and see that some people were staring. If Rhett fights Wesley, the town will find out about his secret.

"Bedford," Sawyer said in shocked tone. "What's the problem, man?"

Wesley appeared more angry, if that was possible, and kept his eyes locked on Rhett. "You!" He pointed at Rhett. "You're my problem! Rae deserves better than a Dixon."

Rhett gritted his teeth at Wesley's choice of words, and his eyes began to glow green.

"Rhett. Calm down," Parker commanded, hesitantly walking closer to him.

His green eyes shifted to me. I didn't know how to fix this situation. All I could get myself to do is stare back into them. The glow began to dissipate, and he returned his sight on Wesley, who was now clenching his fists.

"Wesley. I'm not gonna fight you." Rhett straightened his stance. Wesley didn't care about Rhett's words. He launched himself at him and tried to swing, but Rhett was faster and was able to move out of the way before their bodies clashed. Wesley pushed himself off of the ground and turned to look back in my direction. His eyes made my blood run cold.

They were glowing.

Wesley is a werewolf.

How is this possible? How?

A crowd began to form around us. We had to get Wesley out of here or it would risk exposing him and the others.

"Rhett!" I called out to him. "Wesley's eyes!"

Rhett turned his attention to Wes, and his eyes widened in shock. He wasn't expecting that either. "Sawyer, we have to get him out of here."

My brother seen them too and nodded before he motioned for Parker and Owen to help him. They wasted no time and ran up to Wesley, tackling him to the ground.