Chapter 29

As soon as we pulled up to my house, Molly ran inside due to her need to go to the bathroom. For the last ten minutes, she complained about peeing her pants, which made Savannah and I crack up. Molly didn't think it was funny though. We kept purposely saying things that would make her laugh, and every time she would cross her legs, whine, and yell at us to stop because she had to go so bad.

It's not our fault that she chose to converse with Parker and Owen instead of using the bathroom before we left.

As our laughter died down as the screen slammed behind our friend, I looked to Savannah. It was the perfect time to talk to her. I wasn't sure if she said anything to Molly about her secret, so I didn't want to mention it until we were alone.

"Sav..." I trailed off, trying to think of the right way to bring it up. I didn't want to scare her.

"Uh oh. You only call me that when you want to talk to me about somethin'," she pointed out.

She knew me so well.

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear nervously. "I do want to talk to you about somethin'," I replied with an awkward shrug and sighed. "Tonight I discovered a secret, one I don't think I was supposed to know. I was kind of mad about it at first, but now I understand."

She furrowed her perfectly-shapes brows. "Oh," she simply replied. "What is it?" Concern crosses her features.

"It's your secret."

Confusion and shock appeared on her face as she registered my words. I could tell she was thinking of all the secrets I could be possibly thinking about. I know that because I would be doing the same thing. Fear was slowing showing through her dark eyes.

When she still doesn't say anything, I decide to just come out with it. "About you likin' my brother."

Her brown eyes widened even more in surprise as her mouth was shaped in an 'o'. She looked like she was trying to say something, but words weren't coming out. She was nervous and probably scared about what I was thinking. To comfort her, I rested my hand on hers that was on her leg.

"It's okay. I'm okay with it."

She looked visibly relieved with my words and let out the breath she was holding. "Rae..."

"I just don't understand why you wouldn't tell me. Were you scared I wouldn't approve?" I asked with a slight bit of hurt in my voice.

She looked down before meeting my gaze. "Kind of. I don't know, Rae. I wanted to tell you, but I knew if I said somethin', then it would be more real. I wasn't scared of tellin' you; I was scared of my feelings."

I nodded. "Did you tell Molly? How long?" I inquired.

"No. Um... Like 7th grade?" She answered in a small voice.

Six years.

Should I be angry? My heart wants me to feel betrayed, but my mind is telling me to understand. I've basically been in love with Wesley since we were kids, so I can't possibly be angry with my best friend, especially since she still doesn't know my secret.

"Wow," is all I managed to say.

"Are you angry?" Her voice showed guilt.