Chapter 30

You know that scene in the movies when it shows the main characters walking in like slow motion while everyone else stares?

That's what just happened when Rhett, Sawyer, Parker, and Owen approached us at the creek. Everyone had a look of confusion and fear on their faces. I'm just surprised that they actually agreed to this. Well, after Rhett had a stare off with Wesley, they did. I have a feeling that he doesn't like him. Wesley just seemed oblivious though.

Rhett's familiar scent filled my nostrils as they got closer, which made me involuntarily shudder. I couldn't help but gawk at him. He had green flannel with jeans on, which made him so much more attractive.

Savannah stood next to me with the look of excitement on her soft features as her eyes were set on my brother. The look Sawyer gave her back put a smile on my face. He definitely liked her too.

"Hey," Sawyer greeted us.

"Hey," Savannah and I replied in unison.

"Where's Molly?" He asked while looking around us.

"With Austin and the rest of the team," Savannah shrugged.

Rhett cut into the conversation. "And Wesley?"

Why did Rhett want to know about Wesley? "Uh.. probably with the rest of the team?" I answered in a defensive tone.

He never broke eye contact. "Oh," he shrugged and then said in a sarcastic voice. "I just thought that he would be here with you since he insisted on hangin' out with you so bad."

I gave him an annoyed look while a crease formed in between my eyebrows.

What was his problem?

Sawyer must have sensed my irritation because he changed the subject. "Alright. Why don't I properly introduce you guys to the football team."

Rhett, Parker, and Owen scrunched their noses like they smelled something bad, but followed my brother anyways. We walked up to where Molly, Austin, Wesley and a few other members of the football team stood by a fire pit. Even though it's still pretty early, they made a fire since it's been getting colder.

"Hey guys!" Molly greeted us. Everyone just stared at each other awkwardly, so Molly elbowed Austin in his ribs, which made him cough.

"Uh, hi," Austin waved while he still held his side.

"Hey, buddy," Sawyer smiled at his old friend. He cautiously walked up to him and shook his hand. A smile grew on Austin's face as he pulled my brother into a hug. He hasn't hung out with his old friends since he changed, and I'm sure that he misses them.

Maybe this was a good decision after all.

One after one, the other football players followed Austin's lead while Sawyer introduced his new friends to his old ones. It took about two hours, but it seems that they all are warming up to each other. They have been making small talk, but it's a start.

Wesley walked up to me after trying to converse with Owen and held his hand out to me. "Are you hungry?" His blonde hair hung slightly over his eye.

I nodded and gave him a smile before accepting his hand. As we walked over to the barbecue, I felt eyes on my back. When I glanced towards the group of people, I see Rhett staring at me with his brows furrowed.

He looked angry.

I shook off Rhett's expression and returned my attention to Wesley, who made me a plate of food. I graciously accepted the plate he handed me and began eating. "Thanks, Wes."

"It's no problem, Rae." He shrugged and then continued to eat his burger. "I'm just happy you were able to come."

"Me too," I agreed and smiled. "Did you happen to find your bracelet?"