Chapter 2 - The punishment

Chad's POV

"I will kill you." The man barked as he rushed towards me.

I grabbed my stuff quickly and jumped on the bed. As he wanted to catch me, I rushed towards the door. I put my shirt on while rushing towards the exit. The man was running behind me while shouting. A few minutes later, his securities joined him.

As soon as I got in my car, I started the car and drove away.

When I looked through the rearview mirror, I saw them following me.

Shit! I slammed my hand onto the steering wheel.

After an hour later, finally, I got rid of them. I stopped the car and breathed deeply.

"It was so close." I smirked as I started my car.

I was in my office when my father barged in. He looked frustrated.

He knows. Dammit!

"What the hell with you?!" He barked as he approached me.

I stood up. "Dad, believe me. I didn't know."

"You are here for about a week. And you have already ruined a billion-dollar contract." He shouted without listening to me. "You need a short sharp shock." He pointed his finger at me as he hissed.

Then, he left, slamming the door behind him. I breathed deeply and sat down, closing my eyes.

As I arrived home, my mother approached me.

"What have you done,Chad?! Your father is so angry." My mother snapped.

"Mom, really I didn't know." I said.

She shook her head. "Your father is waiting for you in the study room. Don't make him wait any longer." I nodded and went to the study room.

I felt annoyed. Yes, it was a mistake, but I didn't do it purposely.

I knocked on the door and walked in.

My father was sitting on his seat, his hands entwined on the desk. He gestured to me to sit down. I nodded and sat down.

"You should be responsible and respectful towards others. Help and support them like me. Stop act like a spoiled brat. You are my son. You should be more ..."

I crossed my legs as I said, smirking arrogantly. "Dad, it is not my fault that our help definitions are different. I help people some kind of way too."

His face got red with anger as he shouted at me. "Chad!"

I uncrossed my legs as I cleared my throat.

Yes, I went a little far.

"You will work and pay back my money that I have given you for your university. But not in the company." He demanded.

"Is it a joke?!" I laughed mockingly. He raised his eyebrows. "Never. You can not do it to me!" I stood up, clenching my fist.

"Try me!"

"Dad..." I pleaded.

"You will pay me back the money that you spend on your education. Or do I need to say partying?" He rolled his eyes as he added. "Otherwise, I will sue you."

"Dad, it is a million dollars!"

"Really?! You needed to think before you have lied to me for getting money from me pretending that you needed money for projects, books and so on."

"Dad, please." I begged.

"You will pay with your salary. At least, half of it. You will work for my new co-partner's daughter as her personal driver and bodyguard. They don't know you and will not too. It is good that there aren't any of your photos on the Internet. Like I felt it and didn't let any of your photos leak to the press." He sighed and added. "I will keep my eyes on you."

"No, never! I will not work under some spoiled girl." I snapped.

"Really?! I don't think it matter to you when a girl is on top of you." He said mockingly.

"Dad!" I hissed.

"It isn't up for discussion. Decide. Working or going to jail."

I clenched my fist and stormed out.

I went to my room. My mother followed me. I ran my hands through my hair angrily.

Ugh!

"Mom, please, talk to my father

"Mom, please, talk to my father." I begged her. "I am really bored; he always tells me that I should look like him...blah blah. But I am not him. I want to live my life with my choices. Wrong or right, it is my life."

"Chad, you should understand your father. We thought you were studying. But you were...." She shook her head in disapproval. "You haven't even passed your exams." She gave me an apologetic look and left.

I woke up to the sun shining through the windows. I rubbed my eyes, stretching out.

After taking a shower, I got ready and left.

"Taylor, where is my car? Is it in the garage? Bring it." I said as I didn't see my car where I had parked it.

"Sir, Mr.Carter ordered that I didn't give you your car." He said, giving me an apologetic look.

I clenched my fist as I breathed deeply.

I will not accept it, Dad. You can't make me accept it whatever you will do.

"Call me a taxi." I ordered. He nodded and left.

I met up with my childhood friend, Jose. We were having lunch together. After finishing our meals, I asked for the bill. I gave my card to the waiter.

"Sir, your card is blocked." The waiter informed me.

"What?!" I pulled another card out of my wallet and handed him it.

"Sir,it is blocked too." He gave me an apologetic look.

Dad! Dammit!

I paid the bill with cash and went straight home.

When I arrived, the housekeeper informed me that my father was waiting for me in the study room. I nodded and directly went to the study room.

As soon as I walked in, I met my father's self-satisfied smirk. I gritted my teeth.

"It is their address; you will start working tomorrow." He informed me as he extended a note towards me, self-satisfied.

When I wanted to take the note, he pulled it back slightly as he added. "Don't mess up again! Otherwise, you will regret it. It is your last chance." He gave me the note.

I grabbed it, frowning.

"And..keep your little friend in your pants. If I hear you messed up..."

"Ok, Dad. I got it." I cut him off, annoyed and left the study room.

I walked in my room and closed the door behind my back. I crumbled the note and threw it away.

"Ugh!" I kicked the chair angrily.