Chapter 49 - The pissing contest

Elise's POV

"Are you okay, Elise?" Jason asked, worried and stood up as he saw us.

"I..."

"Excuse us, but we have to leave." Chad cut me off. "Elise doesn't feel good. We are going to the hospital. As much as it is normal to have morning sickness in her state, I want the doctor to check up on her and our baby." Chad said as he placed his hand on my stomach, giving Jason a devilish smirk.

Jason looked at me, stunned. I looked at Chad with wide eyes, my cheeks crimson red.

"I am anxious about them. It is understandable considering that it is our first baby." Chad added, smiling and kissed my forehead.

I was dumbfounded by his attitude. What is he doing? Should he announce my pregnancy in front of everyone? He could just say that we were leaving without any explanation. I felt embarrassed.

"Umm....Sure." Jason said as he looked at other businessmen beside him asking their approvals. "And congratulations." He added.

"Thank you." Chad beamed at them with a self-satisfied expression on his face.

I got in the car. Then Chad got in the car and sat beside me, an amused smile plastered on his face.

"Next time don't involve our baby into your pissing contest." I said, folding my arms over my chest. He chuckled.

"Pissing contest?" He asked, amused.

"Yeah. You shouldn't have announced my pregnancy in front of everyone." I scowled.

"Why? You didn't want that prick to find out that you are off limits." He said, giving me a piercing glare.

I raised my eyebrow in an inquiring expression. "Off limits?"

"Yeah." He said nonchalantly.

"Being pregnant doesn't mean that I can not date with anyone." I commented.

"Yes, but not in your case." He said firmly. I looked at him with inquiring eyes. "You aren't pregnant with someone else's child but mine. And I will not let another man come near to the mother of my child while she is carrying my baby." He said with full of self-confidence in his voice.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What?! If I want, I can date with whoever I want. You can not intrude into my personal life." I said bitterly. "Especially, while being engaged to someone else." I added sarcastically.

"Wait and see." He said arrogantly.

Ugh!

"Stop the car!" I snapped at the driver.

The driver looked at Chad in the rearview mirror asking his permission. He shook his head.

"Chad!" I hissed.

"Elise, calm down. You don't feel good. Don't be stubborn and think about our baby." He said confidently.

I scowled and leaned back, folding my arms over my chest.

Suddenly, I felt nauseated. "Stop the car!" I ordered.

Chad sighed, annoyed. "Elise, will you..." Chad stopped when he saw me covering my mouth with my hand.

"Pull over!" Chad demanded.

As soon as the driver pulled away, I got out of the car. Chad got out of the car too. I was throwing up while squeezing Chad's hand tightly. He was rubbing my back while holding my hand. After throwing up, Chad handed me some tissues.

"Thank you." I took the tissues.

He wrapped his arm around my waist, stroking my cheek.

"You look so pale. Are you better?" He asked, worried.

"No." I muttered barely, placing my hand on my stomach, leaning against him for support. My legs were trembling.

"Get in the car. We are going to the hospital." He said firmly as he helped me to get in the car.

Chad hadn't left my side for a second. He was holding my hand while the doctor checked up our baby. Fortunately, there was nothing serious; our baby was healthy. After the doctor gave us some advice to help with my morning sickness, we left the hospital.

"Where are we going?" I asked when I noticed the driver was driving somewhere else.

"To my penthouse. I will not let you stay alone when you don't feel good." Chad replied firmly.

"No, I am going home." I refused.

"No, your parents are not home. I will not let you stay alone at home." He said confidently.

"Where do you know about my parents?" I asked, puzzled.

"Your mother called me and asked me to look after you and help you if you need something." He said nonchalantly. I looked at him with wide eyes, totally surprised.

The driver parked the car in front of the familiar building. I got out of the car, looking around. Chad got out of the car too.

"Your friend's penthouse?" I asked sarcastically

He rubbed the back of his neck with a shy expression. "Sorry." He gave me an apologetic look. I shook my head, giving him a resentful look.

I was laying on the bed while rubbing my stomach when I heard a knock on the door. The door opened, and Chad walked in, holding a tray in his hands.

"You should eat something." He said as he sat down beside me and placed the tray on my lap.

"I don't want to." I said. My nausea hasn't totally passed.

"But you should." He insisted, pointing to my stomach. "At least eat a little." He added. I nodded.

As I put a piece of the meal into my mouth, nausea hit me. I placed the tray beside me on the bed and rushed into the bathroom, covering my mouth with my hand. Chad followed me.

He was rubbing my back while holding my hair back. After vomiting, I washed my face.

"You don't look fine. Come on, you should lie down." He said, concerned and scooped me up in his arms bridal style.

I leaned my head against his chest while he carried me to the bedroom. He laid me on the bed and pulled the cover over my body. He sat down beside me and stroked my hair gently, his hand rested on top of mine on my stomach.

"If you need something, call me." He said softly. I nodded.

He left and closed the door behind him. I closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep.

A few hours later, I heard footsteps. I didn't open my eyes, pretending to be sleeping. Chad approached me and stroked my hair. He leaned over and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. His musky scent filled my nostrils.