Chapter 14 - Chasing liberty

Elise's POV

I put on a black tank top, black jeans and a leather jacket. I grabbed my bag and opened the door, checking outside. Then, I tiptoed downstairs. As soon as I walked out from the gate, I saw Chris waiting for me.

 As soon as I walked out from the gate, I saw Chris waiting for me

"Baby." He smiled and kissed my lips.

He handed me a helmet. I put on the helmet, and we got on the bike. I wrapped my arms around his waist tightly and leaned my head against his back.

He stopped the bike as we reached our destination. I got off the bike and took off my helmet.

Chris held my hand as he headed us towards his friends.

"Do you want to race with me?" Chris asked me as he placed his hand on my back.

"Umm..."

"Please." He looked at me hopefully. I nodded. He gave me a wide smile and placed a quick kiss on my lips.

The race was about to start. I got on the bike and wrapped my arms around his waist tightly. I felt nervous. It always seemed to me so dangerous. I looked around, trying to calm down by diverting my mind. The others got on their bikes, getting ready.

"Shit!" Chris exclaimed as we heard sirens.

I looked behind us, scared. The police cars were approaching us.

Dammit! My father would get furious.

"Get off the bikes!" The police ordered us as soon as they got out of their cars.

We got off the bike. I gave Chris a nervous look. I had already regretted coming here.

I was in the police station. My father rushed inside, looking totally furious. The lawyer followed him.

"What were you doing there?! Didn't I warn you that if you keep dating with that prick, you will get yourself into trouble?" He barked at me.

"Dad, I am sorry." I gave him an apologetic look.

He breathed in deeply. "We will talk about it later, little lady." He gave me a death glare and went towards the police officer.

You are really screwed up, Elise. I said with my inner voice, watching my father talking to the police officer. The lawyer greeted me with a nod and joined them.

Then, we left the police station. I saw Chad leaning against the car, waiting for us. His expression was serious. I felt slight anger in his eyes. I bit my lower lip nervously.

He opened the door for us. When I was about to get in the car, he gave me a frustrated look.

Why is he angry?

I shook my head with questioning eyes, asking the reason for his anger, slightly annoyed.

It is not his business what I am doing. He isn't my father, my brother nor my boyfriend.

He breathed in deeply without saying anything. I frowned at him and got in the car angrily.

"It is the last straw. You are grounded." My father snapped as we got in the car. "You are allowed to go to university and back. No more nightclubs, no more sleepovers, just university."

I looked at Chad in the rearview mirror; our eyes met. There was a mixture of anger and anxiety in his eyes. He was still looking into my eyes.

"And Chad, you will follow her like a shadow

"And Chad, you will follow her like a shadow. If something happens to her, you will answer me. All responsibility is yours." My father demanded.

"Dad!" I exclaimed. I didn't need a babysitter. I am a grown woman, not a child.

"You deserved it, little lady. It isn't up for discussion." He cut me off.

I scowled, folding my arms over my chest. My eyes met with Chad's eyes in the rearview mirror, a self-satisfied smirk plastered on his face.

Bastard!

It had been two weeks since that disaster. Chad obeyed my father, following me like a shadow, but I could not say he was too complaintive by his situation. On the other hand, Chris was getting on my nerves. He had been insisting to meet up with me without trying to understand my situation.

"Ugh!" I grumbled as I got in the car angrily. My father was increasing his pressure on me more and more.

"Are you fine?" Chad asked as he looked at me in the rearview mirror.

"My father." I breathed in deeply as I closed my eyes, leaning back. I opened my eyes and looked at him. "Sorry, you think that I am acting like a spoiled brat; I have everything, but I am ungrateful." I mumbled.

He gave me a reassuring smile as he said. "Some people think that if they get money, everything will be perfect. But money doesn't fix everything." He looked away, his face gloomy.

I looked at him, intrigued. He talked like he got through it too.

"Thank you for your understanding." I gave him a warm smile. He gave me his dazzling smile.

"Parents think they know everything and should make decisions in our places. By it, they take our freedom, but they don't understand that it is our life. Wrong or right, it should be our decision, not theirs. They force us to do things that we don't want. They think if it is right for them, it is good for us too, but they don't know it is different sometimes. And it doesn't bring us happiness. They don't let us learn from our mistakes, because they don't let us make them. Or they force us. No one is perfect as well as them." He said with a serious expression. I looked at him, surprised by his words.

I was waiting for Chad in front of the university. When I saw the car coming towards me, happiness filled inside me. I didn't know why I felt this way, but seeing Chad made me happy. The last few days we had been getting closer. He was so caring and thoughtful towards me like he understood my situation. It was strange, but I was happy by it. But sometimes his possessiveness and overprotectiveness made me angry.

He stopped the car beside me and got out of the car. He gave me his signature smile as he opened the door for me. I smiled back at him and got in the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I noticed we weren't going home.

"Surprise." He gave me his mesmerizing smile. I raised my eyebrow at him, intrigued. "Don't worry, I got permission from your father."

I looked at him with wide eyes.

Wow!