Chapter 55 - The most important people

Chad's POV

"What happened?" She asked, puzzled.

"When Mark told me what had happened, I didn't remember how I rushed out of there. I was just thinking about you and our baby. It was a real nightmare. Even thinking that I could lose both of you.... " I shook my head, remembering how I felt yesterday. She gave me a warm smile. "I forgot to inform Daniella and my parents before leaving." I confirmed, running my hand through my hair. "I should call them." I said as I grabbed my jacket and searched for my phone.

"Fuck!" I hissed. "I forgot my phone in the car. I will call them and come back." I informed.

Her expression changed. She nodded and leaned back against the pillow. "Yeah. Call your fiancée. She must be worried and upset." She muttered.

"I will inform the doctor too. I am coming back in a minute." I said.

She nodded and said. "Don't worry."

When I walked out, Mark was waiting at the door.

"Don't take your eyes off the door for a second." I ordered.

"Alright, sir." He pursed his lips together. "Umm...sir....I apologize. I've to be more careful." He said, giving me an apologetic look.

"Apology accepted. But it is your last chance." I warned him. He nodded.

I got in my car and grabbed my phone. There were plenty of missing calls and messages form my parents, Alissa and Daniella. Daniella...She must be furious. She would probably give me a hard time. I sighed and called Daniella, but she didn't pick up. Damn! I breathed deeply, running my hand through my hair. Then I called my father.

"Where the hell are you?" He barked as he picked up. "You insisted that we attended the damn engagement party. But then you disappeared without saying anything." He added angrily.

"Dad, I am sorry. I had to leave. I couldn't think properly. To inform you slipped my mind. My mind got blank with fear when Mark told me that he was taking Elise to the hospital." I explained.

"What? What happened? Is she fine? And the baby? Is my grandchild fine?" He asked, worried.

"Yes, they are." I replied.

"Thank God." He sighed, relieved. "What happened?" He asked.

"That damn sleazeball Chris. While arguing with her he pushed her. She fell down....hitting her stomach." I mumbled, feeling bad again. "Fortunately, amniotic fluid protected the baby." I informed.

"Which hospital? We are coming." He said.

After giving him an address, I asked him as I remembered that Elise's parents didn't know about it too. "And can you inform Steve? Her family doesn't know either."

"Ok, I will." He said.

After hanging up, I went back to her room. I smiled as I saw her caressing her stomach gently.

She lifted her head up as she noticed my presence. "Did you call her?" She muttered.

"Yeah, but she didn't pick up." I replied, running my hand through my hair and approached her.

"She must be angry at you." She murmured without looking at me, playing with the hem of the cover.

"Yeah. But I will explain to her later. She will understand." I said. She nodded without looking at me.

"I called my father. He was angry at me for my sudden disappearance." I confirmed, giving her a boyish smile. "I told them what had happened. They are coming. I asked him to inform your family too. I could not think properly last night. So I didn't inform anyone." I told. She nodded.

I sat down on the chair beside her and held her hand in my hands. I brought her hand to my lips and placed a soft kiss on her palm.

"I was so scared. Yesterday, I died a billion times while waiting for information about both of you." I sat down beside her on the bed and hugged her tightly. She hugged me back.

I love you so much, princess. Despite the fact that you don't want me. I said with my inner voice while stroking her silky hair as my nostrils filled with her mind-blowing scent.

Today, the doctor told us that she might leave the hospital. She had been staying in the hospital for two days. My parents and her parents told me to go home and rest a little, but I refused. I didn't leave her side for a second. I slept on the couch in her room at night.

After dropping Elise off home, I went home as Elise's and our parents' insisted on it telling me I needed to rest.

After taking a shower, I took a nap. I was so tired. I hadn't slept properly the last two days, just taking short naps.

As soon as I woke up, I called Elise asking how she felt. Then I decided to go to Daniella's. We hadn't talked since that day.

I put a black shirt and black denim jeans and left. I grabbed my phone and left.

I parked my car in front of her house and got out of the car

I parked my car in front of her house and got out of the car. I breathed deeply and walked towards the door.

Daniella opened the door. As she saw me, she gave me a cold glare and folded her arms over her chest. "What do you want?" She asked dryly.

"Daniella, please, listen to me. I will explain everything." I gave her a begging look.

"What will you explain? How did you dump me in front of everyone at our engagement party?" She shouted. "Do you know how pitiful I looked?" She looked at me, pure of anger in her eyes.

"I am sorry. But I couldn't think properly at that time. I was just thinking about Elise and my baby." I admitted, giving her an apologetic look.

"Elise! Elise! Elise! Will she always be between us?!" She yelled. "You hadn't even thought about what I would look like nor my parent's reputation. Everyone mocks me that I was dumped by my fiancé at my engagement party." She said bitterly.

"Can we talk inside?" I asked as I looked at the securities staring at us.

She sighed and stepped back, letting me in.

"Thanks." I said as I walked in.

"I am sorry, but you should understand me; she is the mother of my child. And their lives were in danger." I stated, looking into her eyes.

"Are you sure you care about her just because she is the mother of your child? Nothing more?" She asked, plunging her piercing eyes into mine.