Chapter 42 - Matchmaking

Chad's POV

I grabbed my gym bag and walked towards the fitness centre. After changing my clothes, I went to the gym.

I was running on a treadmill.

"Hi, Chad."

I turned my head towards the voice coming behind me. It was Melissa. She was Alissa's friend. Melissa was so clingy. She flirted with me every time she saw me. Even a year ago she stalked me everywhere I went. Fortunately, after I had gone to university, she stopped it.

"Hi." I muttered while running.

"Would you like to have some coffee with me after the gym?" She asked with a seductive voice.

"Sorry, I cannot. I have a meeting." I lied.

I pressed the stop button and wiped my sweats off my forehead with a towel. When I wanted to continue working out, I saw Elise.

She was staring at Melissa and me. She wore a pink tank top and dark gray leggings. She looked so beautiful. I missed her so much. Staying away from her was unbearable.

"Hey, Chad

"Hey, Chad. Do you know her?" Melissa interrupted my thoughts as she placed her hand on my arm, giving Elise a dirty look. I pulled my arm away angrily.

When I looked back at Elise, she shook her head, giving me a disappointed look. I squeezed the towel in my hand, gritting my teeth.

I stared at Elise from time to time while working out. When our eyes met, she averted her gaze. Being rejected by a woman who I loved, it was so painful to bear.

A few minutes later, she grabbed her towel and stood up. Her face was pale. Suddenly, she fainted.

"Elise!" I shouted as I rushed towards her.

I lifted her head, tapping her cheek slightly. "Princess, open your eyes." I pleaded, worried. I scooped her up in my arms bridal style and carried her out.

Elise's POV

I woke up by nausea again. I covered my mouth with my hand and rushed to the bathroom. Morning sickness made me feel so awful. The last few days, it had gotten worse. I could not eat anything; even the smell of food made me nauseated.

After vomiting, I got ready. I was going to the fitness centre. The doctor told me I could keep on working out but keeping exercise at a low to moderate intensity.

I put on a pink shirt and dark gray leggings and went out. When I walked into the hall, I saw Chad talking to a girl while running.

When he turned around, our eyes met. I lost in his blue oceans. I missed him so much.

The girl placed her hand on his arm, giving me a dirty look. Here we go again. He didn't waste his time. He pulled his arm away and turned his face towards me, letting our eyes meet again. I shook my head, giving him a disappointed look and started working out.